Chapter12 ||🕯Prince Caspian🕯||

PETER POV (still)
We all walk up the ginormous hill until we make it to the top.
We were all looking around somewhere but Edmund catches our attention
"Hey that's mine" he says taking a golden chess piece out of Susan's hand "from my chess set"
"What chess set?" I ask walking over to him
"Well I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley did I?" He responds looking at me.
"Cant be" Lucy mumbled then she dragged us all over to a random place to show us something. She made us all stand in specific spots
"imagine walls" she placed me in my spot
"And columns there" she placed Susan in hers
"And a glass roof" she motioned to the sky.
"Cair Paravel" I say as I remember the beautiful building.

"Catapults" Edmund said as he kneeled next to a rock.
"What?" I ask him
"This didn't just happen, Cair Paravel was attacked" he answers.
I start to walk over to a wall and Edmund follows, we push it aside and sure enough there's a door behind it. I break parts of the door away and start to tear some of my shirt off to wrap around a stick.
"Don't suppose you've got any matches have you?" I ask Edmund
"No but" he rummages through his bag "would this help?" He pulls out his torch
"Might've mentioned that a bit sooner!" I laugh.
We all walk into the room Edmund leading the way and the girls in front of me. As I walk down the stairs I see our golden chests that hold some of our possessions but the first thing I saw was the rose Y/n gave me and all the memories come flooding back.

Y/N POV
I sit at the table eating the soup Trufflehunter made while waiting for the boy we rescued, who turned out just to be a Telmarine soldier running away, to wake up.
I was tired and wanted to sleep but he was in my bed unconscious with a bandage around his head so I couldn't.
"I'm sorry" I say more to Trufflehunter than Nibabrik
"Y/n dear it was not your fault you were only trying to help someone, as you always are" he says reassuring me, I just nod in response.
I look down at my f/c necklace that Peter had given me the day I disappeared. I still feel terribly bad for leaving him and his siblings but Aslan had his reasons I guess.

It happened in a flash the Telmarine had a fire tool in his hand and Nibabrik had his sword, they were pointed at each other.
"I told you we should've killed him when we had the chance" Nikabrik says
"You know why can't" Trufflehunter says
"If we're taking a vote I'm with him" the boy nods towards Trufflehunter, his voice is a little bit funny.
"We can't let him go! He's seen us!" Nibabrik knocks the boy onto the stairs
"That's enough Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again", at this he shuts up and puts his sword down.
"Now look what you made me do" Trufflehunter complained as he cleaned up the soup he spilt "I spent half a morning on that soup" he mumbled as he walked away.

"What-what are you?" The boy asks
"You know that's funny, you think more people would know a badger when they saw one"
"No, I mean you're Narnians, you're supposed to be extinct"
"Sorry to disappoint you" Nibabrik walks away.
"10 points to the Telmarine solider, he has basic knowledge of Narnians" I roll my eyes
"I'm am not a solider" he says standing up "I am prince Caspian, the tenth".
"Well then by all means 20 points to prince Caspian just for being a prince"
"Y/n be quiet, what are you doing here?" Nibabrik asks
"Running away, my uncle has always wanted my throne" Caspian puts down the fire tool "I suppose I've only lived this long because he did not have an air of his own" he says dramatically.
"What a tragedy" I say pretending to wipe away tears, only for Trufflehunter to lightly hit me
"That changes things"
"Yeah, it means we don't have to kill you ourselves" Nibabrik says.
"You're right" Caspian says getting his armour back on
"Where are you going?" Trufflehunter asks
"My uncle won't stop until I'm dead"
"You can't leave us! Don't you know what this is?" He picks up Susan's horn and shows it to him.
"Its Queen Susan's horn" I say and he looks at me for the first time.
"If you are going somewhere, take Y/n with you. She will watch your back for you" Trufflehunter says
"Oh so now I get to do something, finally"
"Fine, you can come"
"Well I would hope so, I just took care of you". He rolls his eyes
"Let's go".

I feel like there's something missing like the chapters are short even though they're like 815 words+ (which is like around normal in this story). But anyway let me know if it seems short to you too or if it's just me.
Pls vote :)
-Soph