༺ 8 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝐸 𝑅 𝐸 𝑁
━━━━

"Let's have some fun!" Jackie says as she snuggles up next to me.

"Jackie," I say curtly. "You literally annoy the hell out of me. Move."

"Why are you acting this way?" she wails. "I've done nothing to you!"

"Just by looking at you, I can tell what kind of person you are. You carry yourself in a childish manner. And you genuinely think that you are better than everyone else in this house. Newsflash, sweetheart, you're not." She doesn't say a single word. Not so much as a gasp escapes her small mouth.

I put a pillow between us, turning over and saying, "Goodnight." When the back of my head hits the soft pillow, I fall asleep almost instantly. But as I drift off, I find myself thinking about her—Y/n.

I want her.

And that's the shitty thing about me.

I want what I can't have.

Before I know it, I'm dreaming about our first interaction. When she walked into the studio last year, she immediately caught my eye. Something about her felt so different from the other women I'd previously dealt with. She wasn't conceited or snobby. She just seemed, normal.

There was a level of tenderness about her that was quite unusual in this industry. And I was desperate to show off for her. I wanted to prove to her that I, too, was different.

At first, I mistook her for one of the makeup artists.

That was my first blunder.

"Excuse me," she brightly smiled, her pearly, white teeth immediately blinding me. "Do you know where hair and makeup are?"

I arched an eyebrow, perplexed as to why this employee didn't know where to go. "Shouldn't you know?" I asked.

In the blink of an eye, her mood shifted. "If I knew that, I wouldn't have asked you, would I?"

"Well, if you had arrived on time like everyone else, you wouldn't be asking me stupid—"

The producer cut me off with his grand entrance. "Y/n! Eren!" he exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear. "I'm so happy you two are here. I am extremely excited for this shoot."

I immediately realized my error as I looked at the enraged woman next to me.

"Hey, I'm sorry," I tried to say. "I didn't intend to imply—"

She raised her hand to stop me. "It is quite alright Mr. Jeager. You've shown your true colors already. Let's just finish the shoot, okay?"

"S-sure," I responded, angry with myself for being rude to her.