༺ 9 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝐸 𝑅 𝐸 𝑁
━━━━

"Historia Reiss?" Jackie asks. "Who is she?"

"Historia," Bridget smiles. "Would you care to introduce yourself?"

"Sure," she brightly smiles. "My name is Historia Reiss. I am 24 years old and—"

"Hey," Connie whispers. "She looks really familiar."

"Why don't you stop talking and listen so you can figure it out," I snap. My mind was still racing with thoughts of who to choose tonight. I'm tempted to pick Y/n just to see the look on her and Jean's faces when I do it. But another part of me is desperately saying no. It's far too late for her and me to form any connection—I made sure of that when I started acting like a complete dick.

Suddenly the sound of everyone clapping breaks my concentration and before I know it, History—or whatever her name is—is already finished with her introduction. Oh well, it wasn't like she caught my attention. 

Shit, what am I even doing here?

"Historia, please take a seat with the girls," Bridget gestures. She plops down next to Sasha and Mikasa, a seemingly-permanent smile plastered on her face.

"Well, without further ado, let's continue with the recoupling," Bridget says. "Historia, since you just arrived, you will remain single for now, but tomorrow you will have the option to speed date with three boys." The peppy blonde simply nods and whips her head in our direction, scanning each of us.

"The boy that the public has decided is their least favorite is..."

Everyone leans forward in anticipation, all of the boys secretly hoping it isn't them.

"...Floch."

"Ouch," Jean winces.

"That's tough buddy," Connie snorts, holding back a laugh.

"They haven't seen me in action yet," Floch dismissively waves.

"Floch," Bridget frowns. "Since you are at the bottom of the totem pole, you are at risk of being sent home." I gaze at the ugly and annoying man-child, not feeling at all sorry for him. In my opinion, he's perverted and weird—he deserves to go home.

"Eren and Connie, it was a close vote, but one of you came out on top with 4% more votes," she says.

"Listen Jeager," Connie sighs, placing an arm on my shoulder. "Don't take the outcome of this personally. I'm still your brother from another mother."

"Mhm," I nod, ignoring his apathetic speech. 

"That boy is..."

Connie stands up with a wide grin across his face, rubbing his palms together in anticipation. "I'd like to say a few words before—"