2

"Why are you annoyed?"

Anika asked Gauri as they sat down to eat their dinner.

Gauri: my stupid ex-husband annoyed the hell out of me.

Anika: now what did he do?

Gauri: not listen to me. I told him in advance that I would be taking the kids to Shimla on the days that he would have them for. As usual, he didn't listen to me and we argued over it.

Anika: understandable. Did you react quickly again?

Gauri: no.....

Anika gave Gauri a look.

Gauri: maybe. But it's not my fault. It's his fault. Omkara is the one who never listens to me.

Anika: I miss the days when you two were married and happy. I wish you two never divorced in the first place.

Gauri: well it was all his fault that we divorced. He couldn't even give me a valid reason, he just handed me the divorce papers and told me to sign them. Anyway, that was two years ago, I can't cry over what happened two years ago.

Anika just nodded as she took a sip from her glass of water. She looked at Gauri, who was quietly eating. Normally Gauri had a lot to gossip with Anika, but clearly her recent encounter with Om had annoyed her too much for her to gossip.

Anika: it's quite quiet without the kids here.

Gauri: very, Kanishka wanted you to bring Neela and Aneesa so she could come home with me and be away from Pranati.

Om's family did not know who Pranati was, other than the kids of course. The only person who knew about Pranati other than the children and Gauri, then that was Anika. Kanishka, Kairav and Kabir told Anika all about Pranati the day they met her, expressing their dislike for her.

Anika: she still hates Pranati?

Gauri: they all do and I told them to be nice to her and Kanishka thinks her dad paid me to say that.

Anika chuckled as she said: well I can see where she's coming from. It's like when Shivay finally agrees with me on something and the kids think I paid him to agree with me.

Gauri: I never thought kids could be so opinionated about everything. You know, thinking about the kids is making me miss them right now.

Anika: at least they're coming back on Sunday.

Gauri: yeah so about that...me and Omkara eventually agreed that the kids will stay with him till Thursday so tomorrow, you have to drop off their stuff and school uniforms because I refuse to see Omkara.

Anika: sure I'll do that for you. Chalo at least whilst the kids are with Om, you can finish off that article for work.

Gauri: true, I think I'm going to go into the office and write the article there. Even without the kids here, I still get very distracted at home.

Anika smiled and the two continued to talk and eat dinner before Shivay came to pick Anika up. Once Anika and Shivay bid adieu to Gauri, Gauri was left by herself in a big house with no one to talk to. She sighed and went upstairs to go to her room. She sat on the bed and went on her phone, selecting Kairav's contact as knowing Kanishka, her phone was already switched off.

Kairav: hi mum.

Gauri: hey beta, how are you?

Kairav: good thanks, Pranati finally left.

Gauri: I guess you're all happy about that.

Kairav: very. How are you?

Gauri: I'm fine, I was just missing my kids so I thought to facetime you all. Where are the other three?