Cops

(Deena's pov)
"Deena!" I hear Josh yell behind me as Sam and I were just about to walk into the schoolbuilding.

"What?" I yell back turning myself around to look at him. I don't know what's the problem this time. I told him I wouldn't be able to drive him to school because I was staying over at Sam's new house.

He runs towards me out of breath and from the look on his face I start to worry. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"The police. They're at our house." He says out of breath. "They said they need to speak to you."

I look confused at Josh and then at Sam who's standing next to me with a worried look on her face.

"What?" Is all I can say. I don't know why they would want to speak to me. Anxiety runs through my soul as I'm trying to think of anything I did wrong.

"Let's just go, fast." Josh says. "Get in the car."

"You drove here?!" I ask. "While the police is at our goddamn house?!"

"Woowww did I just hear that right?" Simon says behind us.

"The police is at your house for you?!" Kate asks.

"I guess so." I say confused. "Now how the hell are you driving?!"

"They don't know. And I'm learning anyways." He says.

I shake my head in disbelief and I smile softly at Sam. "I'll be back, I promise." I say.

"No I'm coming with you." She says suddenly. "I'm not gonna be able to pay attention anyways."

Kate nods in agreement. "It's okay, we'll tell the teacher you're sick or something."

I nod and then take Sam's hand to lead her to the car.

As soon as I see Josh is about to step into the drivers seat, I take the keys from him. "You are not driving." I say and push him out of the way to go sit in the drivers seat. Sam sits next to me in the passengers seat and Josh in the back.

"So unfair." He says under his breath but I heard him.

We just arrived at my house and I get out of the car slowly to see the cops standing in my house through the window. Anxiety takes over my body again but Sam takes my hand. I look over at her and she gives me her sweet, soft smile that I love to see everyday.

We walk into my house together and the cops' faces immediately turn to me.

"You're Deena Johnson right?" The sheriff Nick Goode asks.

"Yes, that's me." I say with furrowed eyes. I look over at my dad to see him staring at me with a dissapointed face.

"Is it true that yesterday when school was over, you punched Peter Goode?" The other cop asks.

"What?! No!" I say with an angry tone.

"You did know he's my cousin right?" Sheriff Goode says. "You should've expected he would go to me after you do something like that."

"She didn't do anything." Sam says. "I was with her when we left the school."

"Someone caused the bruises on his cheek." He says. "He also told me it wasn't the first time you did it but you actually are bullying him for a while now."

"Excuse me?!" Sam is yelling now. "Deena did nothing wrong." She says trying to lower her voice while standing up for me.

"Why would he lie?" The other cop says. "It's obvious that she did it."

"Do you have proof?" I ask. It's quiet for a while as I wait for an answer. "That's what I thought." I say glaring at both of the cops.

"Peter is the proof. He was there himself."

"If she says she didn't do it, she didn't." My dad gets between us in the argument.

"If I would have punched him, which I did not do. You wouldn't even have bothered to do anything about it when it was someone else. You only did it because he is your cousin."

After I said that they didn't have anything to say anymore. "If I hear about it one more time, I will get you to the police station for real. This is your only warning, Deena Johnson." Goode says as both of them walk out of the door.