Drop Dead,

Three / Drop Dead

Lavender closed her eyes, opening them to her room that was now dark, she looked up at her ceiling that now had dust like particles floating around under it

Lavender closed her eyes, opening them to her room that was now dark, she looked up at her ceiling that now had dust like particles floating around under it. It was clear she wouldn't be attending the Hellfire Club tournament tonight but she was sure they'd find a replacement. They'd have to.

"Lavender." A dark voice called. A familiar voice. It was the monster from before, the one she'd been seeing in all of her day terrors. "Ye—yes?" She stammered, sitting up from her comfortable place on her bed to find her room empty, bare of all the posters she'd previously decorated it went, and dark. Extremely dark.

"Why do you sympathize with your sister." The voice spoke again. Lavender shook her head repeatedly and quickly. "Far from that. I wish she'd just drop dead sometimes." She responded, hearing squelching noises and sensing that it was getting closer, whatever it was.

"We're no different, you and me. And your wish is my command." The voice said as Lavender was met with a creature that she'd never seen before. Or had even imagined could exist. His skin was shriveled, as if it were a prune but it was far from dry as wet, snake like creature slithered throughout his body, pulsing and squelching.

As it approached her she remained still. Silent. But yet unafraid. "It is time Lavender." The voice commanded, it's skeletal, slime dripping hand rising slowly toward her face. "Join me."

...

Mae struggled to contain her anger as people
murmured and whispered about her when she walked below the bleachers as if she couldn't hear them. At some point it became too much, when she overheard girls from the squad that she thought were her closest friends talking about her.

She rushed off into the bathroom, slamming the stall door shut so hard that the entire row of stalls shook. Suddenly, the buzzing, dull florescent lights above her stall began to flicker. And then turn off completely.

She shivered a bit in fear, jumping hard when someone began banging on the door of stall. She looked down at the shoes of the person ramming on the door, confusion painting over her expression of fear quickly when she saw varsity cheer shoes.

"Open the door freak!" The girl from the squad's voice boomed through the bathroom. "Open the door, freak!" She repeated, her voice becoming deep and croakily as she said freak this time.

Suddenly, the flickering and yelling simultaneously stopped. Assuming it was safe, Mae attempted to rush out of the bathroom only to find the door was locked.

"Don't run, Mae." She heard her sister's voice say, the reoccurring ear piercing sound of a grandfather clock chiming in the distance which she'd been hearing often lately.

"Lavender? But I thought you weren't—" She turned around, cut off by the shock of whatever was standing before her. It was lanky and stood tall, towering over the fairly short and petite girls body.

"Hello, Mae." The creature spoke as it rose it's hand skeletal and slimy in front of her face before digging it's sharp nails into her skull.