3

The team hadn't made my joining official yet so I wouldn't be joining the testing in Barcelona. It had been tow months since that night, and I didn't dare to go back to the casino just yet. Instead I focused on training. Soon I wouldn't have to do illegal activity to make a living.

I stood in the shower when my phone suddenly started ringing, it was Zac Brown.

Hello

Ohhh, Hello Jack, all good?

Yeah, I said with a darker voice

So, the team and I have thought of making your joining official

That's great

Yeah, I know. We would also like to fly you down to Barcelona tonight.

Wow

Yeah, see you tomorrow then, bye

Strange but great. I started packing my things into my suit case. Then I cooked some dinner and ate in front off my small tv. After that I got ready to go to the airport. I put on a team shirt, oversized grey sweatpants and my wig. I drove my Ferrari down to the airport. The plane then took off and I decided to take a nap on the flight.

A few hours later I arrived in Barcelona, Spain. The wetter was warm but a few winds blew here and there. A car came and picked me up, the driver drove me to the hotel outside the track. When I saw the lights flashing down on the large racing track it was like falling in love with racing all over again. This is what I had worked my entire life for, dreamed my whole life achieving and what I had gone to extreme lengths for.

All the drivers were living in this hotel and the rooms were extremely luxurious. I had never experienced this kind of luxury. The first thing I did was making my way over to the bathroom. I had to take a shower, feeling the water running down my body I had never felt so clean. From now on my life would change. That night I drove of to sleep immediately.

The next day I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing. I quickly got up and changed and made my way to the breakfast. I rarely ate home cooked food, mostly my diet consisted off microwaving meals. As I felt the smell of the food happiness trailed down my body. I started loading bacon and scrambled eggs onto my plate. Then I sat down alone on a table on the balcony.

You might wanna slow down on the eating kid, a voice laughed

I looked up and saw Max Verstappen. 

Eyy, new meat you gotta be careful

How do you know that I am a driver? I questioned him

Look at you shirt smart as, he laughed and walked away

A little offended I made my way to the track. The first laps of testing went really well and it felt so natural in the McLaren car. I stoped the car and made my way out of the cockpit. The crew taped my back and said I had made a good job. I took off my helmet and balaclava, then I walked out of the hospitality. As I walked down the pit lane I heard foot steps behind me. I ignored it and continued walking. But then, like the night two months ago someone grabbed my wrist. The grep was hard and the person seemed angry.

I know what you did, he spoke