her problem

~max~

I stood there in shock after me and chrissy's fight. Well I don't even know if you can call that a fight she just went off at me for no reason. The preppy little stuck asshole. I mean really.

I look at the time and see that my bus is going to be in three minutes. "fuck" i say to myself as go to brush my teeth. After quickly brushing them i grab my bag and run to my stop. Luckily I get there just in time as my bus arrives and get on.

I walk down the isle looking for empty seat. Once i find one, I sat down and put my headphones on. Kate bush started blasting through my ears as I watch houses go by.

After around ten minutes we reach the school. I go to my first period and listen to my teacher explain quadratic equations. I just tune him out while I think about Chrissy again. I haven't told dustin about it yet, but the way she reacted doesn't make sense.

Like does she not want help, she literally levitating in the god damn air. And she gets mad at when I tell her I can help her. Cheerleaders I will never get them. Oh, but don't even get me started on jocks. Especially Chrissy's boyfriend, i mean come he's a total douche and she can do so much better.

The bell for the end of the period pulls me from my thoughts as I grab my bag and head out the door. Second period is when I have my meetings with Ms. K. She moved them to twice a week now that my headaches are getting worse.

I walk into her office and sit down.

"hey max have you seen chrissy today?"
"n-no what wh- why would I have seen Chrissy" I felt heat rush through as it felt like the whole room turned into a sauna.

"oh it's no problem she just missed our meeting today. Anyway I wanna talk about you max". She continues talking but I tune her out with my thoughts.

Why the hell is chrissy not here. Was whatever that was attacking her yesterday get her today? Then I think back to our argument, and how she got all defensive over her reputation. "Yeah I don't give a shit about that little bitch".

"excuse me?" I look up at Ms. K in shock that I said that aloud.

"you don't care about your mother?"

Great this is going to be a long session.

————

I get out of fourth period and immediately go into the bathroom. Though the second I get in I am met her eyes. We are about the same height so there is no way you could miss them. I feel like I'm lost in them.

She clears her throat and begins to speak "Can you get out of my way" she said coldly. I stepped aside as I let her walk through the door "here ya go princess".

She rolled her eyes at me as she walked out her piney tail swaying back and forth. Dumb bitch.

After I went out of the bathroom I walked to the court yard where I known dustin goes to read comics. I see him sitting lost in the adventures of spider and doesn't notice me till I take the comic out of his hand.

"ah hey!"
"listen dustin. There's something i need to tell you it's important"

"more important then spider-man"

"yes!" I half yelled.
"look yesterday something crazy happened. I went out to feed my neighbors dog and-"

"why doesn't the neighbor feed their dog"

"I don't fucking know"

"cause if they don't we should report them for dog abuse and then-"

"dustin we have bigger problems then fucking dog abuse!" he shuts up and stared at me wide eyed.

"yesterday after I fed the dog I saw Chrissy-"

"Chrissy Cunningham!"

"will you let me finish" I said as I smacked him in the head. "yes her. I saw her go into Eddie's trailer, and didn't think much of it until around tmr minutes later my lights started going off like crazy. So, I went outside and saw Eddie's trailer going off like crazy and he screaming Chrissy's name. I ran to his trailer and saw Chrissy floating in the air. And when I tried to bring her down some force shoved me away. Look I know we closed the gate last time but this had the same feeling as it." I finished and looked at him.

"ok so you think something form the upside down possessed Chrissy"

"yeah kinda I just don't know what's up it was like she was being controlled"

"ok I'll do some searching you keep and eye on her for me"

"wait what why do I have to keep and eye on her"

"cause it would be creepy if I did. Look just make sure she doesn't go get possessed again while go to try and find out what the hell this is". Before I could respond he got up and left.

"great" I sighed to myself. I looked around the court yard to see if she's near by. With no luck I enter the school hopefully I'll just see her in the hallway.

When I first walk into the building I feel and arm pull me into an empty classroom. Once inside I feel hands grab my shoulders and push me against the wall.

"you told someone. How fuck could you" she said yelling into my face. "do you know what he's gonna do, or say. He's gonna tell the whole god damn school"

"chrissy stop being fucking ridiculous. He's not gonna go around telling people. Like anyone would believe him"

She just stares at me. Our faces inches apart and eyes locked.

"leave me alone mayfield and stop going around telling other people my business" she said through gritted teeth. When I thought she would let go she didn't. She held me there as we stared at each other deeply breathing. And i swear for second I saw her eyes drop down to my lips, but before I could question it she quickly let go and rushed out the door.

What the fuck is her problem?