Chapter 7

Hope's POV:

When I woke up, I found that Tony actually did keep his promise. I stared at him, sleeping peacefully until he woke up, "You know, staring's rude." Was the first thing he said to me.

I playfully glared at him, "Oh well, you know it's rude to not give me a kiss when you first wake up." I joked.

"Oh, I am so sorry." He leaned forward, "I shall kiss you now then."

"Eww, no. Your breath stinks." I smirked. "Clean your teeth first." He smirked back at me which scared me. All of a sudden, he attacked me with tickles and wouldn't let me go. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please stop!"

"Only if you say that I am the most handsome and smartest person in the whole world." He negotiated with me.

"Easily. Tony Stark is the most handsome and smartest person in the whole world." I smiled at him. "Okay, come on. We need to get ready. I have a feeling you want to go somewhere, am I right?"

"Of course you are. You're always right and you know me better than I know myself." Tony smirked. "Anyway, yeah, I wanna go see Rhodey. You coming with me?"

"Yeah. I haven't seen him since he saved us." I reminded him. We both got up and ready to go out and headed to Rhodey's work.

At Rhodey's work...
"The future of air combat." Rhodey was talking to a group of people when we got there. "Is it manned or unmanned? I'll tell you, in my experience, no unmanned aerial vehicle will ever trump a pilot's instinct, his insight, that ability to look into a situation beyond the obvious and discern it's outcome, or a pilot's judgement."

"Colonel?" Tony and I finally made ourselves known. "Why not a pilot without the plane?"

"Look who fell out the sky. Mr. Tony Stark and Mrs. Hope Mikaelson-Stark." Rhodey introduced us even though he didn't really need to.

Tony started shaking people's hands but wouldn't let me. I rolled my eyes at his overprotectiveness. "Speaking of manned or unmanned, you gotta get him to tell you about the time he guessed wrong at spring break. Just remember that, spring break, 1987. That lovely lady you woke up with." Tony embarrassed Rhodey. "What was his name? Was it Ivan?"

"Don't do that!" Rhodey exclaimed over and over again throughout Tony's embarrassment.

"Oh." I pouted. "But why can't he? It's so entertaining." Tony smirked and pointed at me as if to tell Rhodey to listen to me.

"Because they'll believe it. That's why, Hope." He said to me.

Tony stopped. I smiled at them all, "Pleasure meeting you."

"Give us a couple of minutes, you guys." Rhodey ordered them all. He hit Tony's arm gently, "I'm surprised."

"Why?" Tony asked.

"I swear, I didn't expect to see you walking around so soon." Rhodey said honestly. Now I'm surprised. He should know Tony by now and that he won't sit around doing nothing.

"I'm doing a little better than walking." Tony proved my point, but I have to agree with him on that though. He filled me in on what he's been doing and it's pretty smart and amazing.

"Really?" Rhodey crossed his arms.

"Yeah, he is." I vouched for him.

"Rhodey, I'm working on something big." Tony was serious. When I saw Rhodey's face light up, I knew that both of them were gonna end up being disappointed. "I came to talk to you. I want you to be a part of it."

"You're about to make a whole lot of people around here real happy, 'cause that little stunt at the press conference, that was a doozy." Rhodey misunderstood what Tony actually meant.

"This is not for the military." Tony started hesitantly, also noticing they would both be let down. "I'm not... It's different."

"What?" Rhodey pulled a confused face. "You're a humanitarian now or something?" I laughed. As if.

"I need you to listen to me." Tony tried.

"No." Rhodey denied. "What you need is time to get your mind right." Tony and I smiled. "I'm serious." Our smiles dropped.

"It's nice seeing you, Tony, Hope." He smiled sadly at us.

"You too, Rhodey." I hugged him before we left.

At the Stark Mansion in Malibu...

"JARVIS, you up?" Tony typed something on his weird keyboard.

"For you sir, always." JARVIS replied.

"I'd like to open a new project file, index as Mark II." He told JARVIS.

"Shall I store this on the Stark Industries Central Database?" JARVIS asked as Tony got a hologram of the 'suit' we used to escape.

"Actually, I don't know who to trust right now. Till further notice, why don't we just keep everything on Hope's private server?" I smiled. This proves even more how much he trusts me.

"Working on a secret project are we, sir?" J asked.

"I don't want this winding up in the wrong hands." Came Tony's justified answer. He made somethings on the hologram look better and more efficient. I'm guessing he's gonna improve it a lot now he actually has tech. "Maybe in mine, or Hope's, not yet though," He threw a pointed look at me. "it can actually do some good."

He continued to work on it for days, all the while still finding time to spend with me. Although, to be honest, when I'm not working, I'm sat with Tony in the workshop just watching him work. I wish I could help him build it, but he's being extremely protective over me and the baby so he wouldn't let me.

"Hey, Tones?" I said one day.

"What's up?" He looked up from the leg part of the suit he was building.

"When are you gonna let me go back to building stuff with you?" I went over to him and sat on him so I was straddling him. He grabbed my hips.

"When this little one decides to pop out in around 5 or 6 months time." He placed one hand on my stomach.

I groaned and put my head on his chest, "But that's ages away." I mumbled into his chest.

He laughed, "I'm sure you'll survive, gorgeous. Besides, it's for a good reason."

"I know, and I know I'll love him or her when they're born, but, right now I'm bored." I complained.

"I know," He kissed me. "Okay, how about this, I'll let you help me with the simpler things?"

"Yes!" I kissed him again. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

He laughed again, "You're welcome, love." I moved off him and went back and sat where I was before. Tony went back to working on the boot, "Next. Up." He ordered Dummy around. "Not in the boot, Dummy. Right here. You got me? Stay put. Nice."

"You know, he'd work a lot better if you didn't talk to him like that." I told Tony.

"He's a machine. He doesn't understand that sort of thing." He argued.

"Well, he works fine for me and the only different thing we do with him is that I don't talk to him like you do." I said all matter-of-factly.

"Oh shush." He playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"You're of no benefit at all." Tony ignored my advice and continued his work while talking to Dummy. "Move down to the toe. I got this. Okay, I'm sorry? Am I in your way?" Tony asked sarcastically when it took Dummy ages to move down and inevitably getting in Tony's way. "Don't even move. You are a tragedy." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Tones." I called over to him from the door, "I'm off to bed. This little one is making me even more tired than usual." I rubbed my stomach, lovingly. 

He came over and kissed me, "Okay, good night, love. I love you." He knelt down to my stomach and kissed it making me smile. "I love you, little one, but you have to stop making mummy tired." I smiled wider, went upstairs, got ready for bed and fell asleep practically as soon as my head hit the pillow.