Rematches with old teacher

3rd person pov

it felt weird to be in the air. But the view was nice. You zoned out again looking at the landscape below. Eventually, the group landed in San Francisco. by the Embarcadero building. You said goodbye to the angles and wished them luck.   Percy decided to go find Nereus, he had to dress in goodwill dropoffs he looked homeless alright.

He was dressed in a ragged flannel shirt and jeans three sizes too big, bright redsneakers, and a floppy rainbow hat. 

"Oh, yeah," Grover said, trying not to bust out laughing, 

"you look completelyinconspicuous now."Zoe nodded with satisfaction. "A typical male vagrant." 

"Thanks a lot," he grumbled. "Why am I doing this again?" 

"I told thee. To blend in." 

You watched him go off and fight Nereus. It was very amusing.

eventually, he got him under control and was able to ask him a question. 

"All right, Nereus. Tell me where to find this terrible monster that could bringan end to the gods. The one Artemis was hunting."The Old Man of the Sea smiled, showing off his mossy green teeth. 

"Oh, that's too easy," he said evilly. "He's right there."Nereus pointed to the water at Percy's feet. 

"Where?" He said."

The deal is complete!" Nereus gloated. With a pop, he turned into a goldfish and did abackflip into the sea. 

"You tricked me!" I yelled. 

"Wait." Thalia's eyes widened. "What is that?" 

"MOOOOOOOO!" There was a cow just causally swimming at the dock,

 "Ah, Bessie," he said. "Not now." 

What, is no one else confused!? "Mooo!"

 Grover gasped. "He says his name isn't Bessie."

"You can understand her... er, him?" 

Grover nodded. "It's a very old form of animal speech. But he says his name is theOphiotaurus." 

"The Ophi-what?" 

"It means serpent bull in Greek," Thalia said. "But what's it doing here?" 

"Moooooooo!" 

"He says Percy is his protector," Grover announced."And he's running from the bad people. He says they are close." 

That seems like a lot of information from a single moo. "Wait," Zoe said, looking at Percy. "You know this cow?" He told us about the cow. 

"And you just forgot to mention this before?" 

"Well... yeah."

"I am a fool," Zoe said suddenly. "I know this story!" 

"What story?" 

"From the War of the Titans," she said. "My... my father told me this tale, thousands ofyears ago. This is the beast we are looking for.""

Bessie?" He looked down at the bull serpent. "But... he's too cute. He couldn't destroythe world." 

"That is how we were wrong," Zoe said. "We've been anticipating a huge dangerousmonster, but the Ophiotaurus does not bring down the gods that way. He must be sacrificed." 

"MMMM," Bessie lowed. 

"I don't think he likes the S-word," Grover said. 

"How could anyone hurt him?" Percy said. "He's harmless."