Moving day i guess

Thank you @hmmmmidfk for helping me with this 🌚❤️

You watched as the endless amount of trees rolled by. You had been driving for what seemed like days and haven't seen another car nor a gas station. 

 "Mom, where are we even moving to?"

 You ask, looking towards your mother. She didn't reply. You sighed and continued to look out the window. Your eyelids suddenly felt heavy and you began to drift off into a dreamland...

Your senses seemed to awaken one by one. You sat up and took notice of your surroundings. You were parked outside of an old looking house, the windows were still boarded up and there was a creepy looking gate that enclosed the house. 'Ok...,' you thought. You touched your face and felt a trail of slobber along your cheek. 'Gross.' And on top of everything your dogs were barking in the back. "Great just great," you mumbled out to yourself. You got out the truck and shut the door lightly as to not wake up mom. You walked to the back of the truck. "Calm down guys jeez, your gonna wake the whole neighborhood."

You decided to GPS the nearest gas station. Maybe you could grab them some food and something for yourself, you were starving. "Huh that's weird, why's my gps not working?" you whisper, tapping over and over on your screen, trying to get it to work. It's as if this town didn't even actually exist. "Weird". 'Well maybe I could just walk for a little bit and maybe I'll find one?' you thought. You grabbed your phone and a pocket knife, "Never know what kinda creeps live around here." and began walking along the cracked sidewalk with the moon casting a blue haze on everything. It was completely silent aside from your steps on the pavement. "This place is so off putting.."

Your nature walk came to a stop when you spotted the lights of a gas station. "Finally something other than trees" you say, quickening your pace. The familiar chime of every generic gas station bell rings in your ear. "Welcome to generic gas station mart gas station or whatever, what do you-" the ravenette said, peeking his eyes over the magazine he was reading to look at you from his slouched position. "Woah, don't see your type around here, my day just got even weirder." He scratched the back of his head, in a lazy fashion. "is it because i'm black?" you say glaring at him as a joke. You cross your arms. "What? No I'm just saying you're somewhat normal rather than being... never mind what do you need?" You uncrossed your arms 'Jeez I was just kidding(kinda). Gotta work on my comedy skills.' you think to yourself. "You got dog food?" He stares at you for a little before answering. "Uhh yeah check isle eight I guess." He goes back to reading his magazine but takes quick glances at you.

"Hmm isle eight" you walk along the isle until you spot a small bag of a generic brand dog food. "This'll do I guess." You suddenly remember you didn't bring your wallet like the idiot you are, like seriously dude HOW? "This is so embarrassing what am I gonna do? Maybe I could work something out with the cashier dude" you mumble, over thinking. You walk up to the counter and place the food down on it. He grabs the small bag and rings it up, staring you dead in the eyes. 'Um ok then'. You think, trying to avoid his eyes. "That'll be 9.99 you paying with cash or card, girly?" he asks. You start to sweat, thinking about how humiliating this is. 'And he's cute too, ugh just kill me already.' you think, groaning. He raises an eyebrow. "Um you gonna pay or what?" You start shaking. (dramatic much?) "So you see I actually.. um forgot my wallet..." you say, giving him a weird smile hoping it would convince him enough to not call the cops.

He sighs before putting his magazine down to cross his arms. "Well this is the first time this has ever happened. I guess you're just gonna have to come back tomorrow to work this off." He gazes up at you waiting for a response. "Um yeah I just moved here actually so could I come before six o'clock am?" you ask sheepishly. "I don't care, just be here alright?" He looks at his watch and sighs "Well I'm on break now so see you tomorrow I guess" he says, not giving you time to respond before beginning to get ready to leave. He takes his visor off and sets it on the box behind him and walks out the store, hands in his pockets. (Who else's??) "Well that was stupid what if I didn't live here I could have just stolen it then, whatever" you whisper, walking out of the store to see cashier dude leaning up against the store you couldn't see his eyes but you could almost feel him staring at you. 'Better not be lying to me' he thinks to himself.

You return "home" to find it already 2:00 in the morning "Damn how late does that guy work?" you say softly. You get in the truck and attempt to fall back asleep but you are so hungry, you just can't find any position comfortable...

UGHHHHHH