"Chapter One"

"WHAT?!"

I... ME?! ON THIS SHOW?!

"You've must be kidding—" Chad said with a fake laugh.

"Nope. When Ms. Miller—"

"Emma." I said coldly.

"When Emma stepped foot on this set, I knew I felt something."

"Maybe you felt something from your stomach?"

Oh lord if my parents were here right now to hear that.

This made some of the cast members laugh.

"No... I felt that you got some talent what we're looking for."

How can he tell I had talent?? I was just delivering this order??

"Now that I think about it: her attitude fits perfectly and we can rub it in those loser's faces." One actress said, grinning.

"Oh no no, I will not be part of this show nor your posse. Not even bribery would work." I went on, "and to make it short. I would rather dig my own grave than be part of an overrated show."

This made the cast including Chad gasp. I made an satisfied "hmph," before swiftly leaving.

Later...

After leaving and making back to the bakery, business has been very slow. We closed it early and made it back an hour ago. I collapsed on my bed, exhausted until my phone goes off.

Toni:
Hey, bestie. How are you?

Toni... my childhood best friend when I lived in North Carolina.

Exhausted. You?

Toni:
Same.

Toni:
The reason I texted you is... wellllll 😅

Toni then sent a link. I guess I'm receiving attention about how I declined and called Mackenzie Falls overrated... that explains why business had been slow and whenever people show, it's mainly the tweens wanting to scream at me.

Sigh. 🙄

Toni:
What happened?

Girl, where do I even begin?

I didn't expect for any blackmail to happen. I thought me going off would keep their mouth shut.
I then explained everything to Toni.

Toni:
So they're blackmailing you??? The heck?

Yeah because I hurt their ego. Well deserved.

Toni:
You know... Even though I enjoy the show but... this makes me not want to watch anymore after this.

I'm sorry to ruin it... it's just...  😮‍💨

Toni:
I get it.

Toni:
You know I can always take the week off and convince my dad to let me come to fly to Hollywood.

You don't have to, Toni.

Toni:
Please? 🥺

Toni Marie Wilson.

Toni:
Emma Diane Miller.

🙄 I'm going to bed.

And I sighed seeing how the Instagram and my social media blowing up with the fans screaming at me for bashing the show. I turned my phone off and stared at the ceiling. I wonder if Chad was behind it because I hurt his little ego? He deserved it since he's always cared about himself.

Oddly... I do recall him dating Sonny but they've been since broken up.... I am not going to be one of those "nosy" people to check as to why they've broken up for good. Nor I don't care. I sighed...

Despite Chad and everyone being a jerk they're human so it's none of my business. I closed my eyes and finally went to sleep.