CHAPTER TWO

SIENNA DE LUCA

"Sienna, you can't ignore me forever. I did what I thought was right. I didn't think they'd actually go for it." Try me.

Vincent went to grab my hand with pleading eyes, begging me to see his stupidity as nothing more than a fix.

He fucking dared them. On top of that he had the audacity to hijack my ride and try to drill his apology into my head. My hands itched—itched to punch him in the throat.

I moved my hand out of reach and stayed facing the window. My shoulders felt tight and I was getting dizzy from my anger.

How the fuck do I fix this? Think Sienna, think.

My lips flattened and I said through clenched teeth, "Gambino, right now you are  giving me motive to do some bodily harm. Now if you would just shut the fuck up for a minute, I'll be able think of a solution that doesn't fuck me right over." I could feel the clogs in his brain moving, preparing a shitty speech.  I quickly brought my hand up,  silencing him before I put a bullet in something.

This restless feeling was one I fucking hated with every cell in my body. I was  used to the calm and silence, now a storm was going torrent in my brain, showing through my bouncing leg. I dug my nails into my thighs, forcing my feet to lay flat on the floor.

I won't, I can't let this unsettle me.

My uncles can forget about the stupid idea of bringing the De Luca's and Ricci family together by marriage. Either me or my sisters they said, as if we were fucking cattle on a farm.

I blinked hard, trying to sort all my thoughts in order.

"Vincent. Why would you joke such a stupid thing in front of Gene, the bastard has been waiting years, years for a moment like this. Why would you hand it to him? You think I'll ever let them near my sisters?" I turned my sharp eyes to him, red from anger I'm sure.

Now it was  his turn to avoid my hard stare.

"Roma Alessio fucking Ricci looking for a fucking wife is somehow now my problem? I'm more than Marco's daughter, you know that, they know that. And now I'm looked at like a piece of meat. All that hard work and now these men think they can fuck with me?!" I slammed my palm on the seat, hard enough to startle Vincent.

I'm so fucking mad.

"They want a meeting." A dry laugh escaped me. "You know how these meetings go Vincent, majority rules and if the vote goes against me. I swear I'm going to lose it and I don't trust myself to lose it." I pulled off my signet ring and watched the street lights reflect onto the emerald—I lost my soul to this and now it's demanding its price.

"We'll figure this out, Sienna. I won't let it happen. I'll speak up, my vote counts for something." Vincent pleaded.

"What the fuck can you do? You're not even a De Luca yourself." I whispered harshly.

I needed to reel in the feelings and lock them up tight. That's enough emotion for one night.

"I don't want you to do anything." I frowned.

The car finally slowed to a stop and I reached for the handle.

"The world knows me as the delicate Marco's Fiore. But I am Sienna De Luca and they're fucking with the wrong woman." Without looking back I exited the Audi and walked up the steps to my mansion.

The mansion I built with my money, my product. Not my fathers, not my grandfathers or any other De Luca before me. Me, I did this. I just needed to remember that.