Chapter 2

All that was left was the chakra circulating throughout her headspace and her barely beating heart. Just enough to keep her alive. Other than that, her entire body lay lifeless. Somehow, they wiggled their way through her body with their chakra to prevent her from completely coming to an end. 

She was now free of restraints, not necessarily needing them any longer. Though her body now sat upward, it didn't make a difference. It's not like she could maneuver her limbs anyways. 

Multiple steps patted their way down the hard tile floor. Each step resonated through the echo of the spacious room. Men's and women's voices could be heard in light talks. The voices and the footsteps grew louder as they steered closer. 

She heard them come to a stop right beside her bed.

"What shall we do with her now? We've already got what we wanted." A raspy Male voice spoke.

"We could dispose of her?" Another voice suggested, female this time. 

"No. We still need her for RNA and DNA replication." A voice she recognized as the doctor to who she was first introduced, spoke assertively. 

"But we could just replicate the DNA and RNA tests we already have. What would be the point if we already have access to those samples and reuse them? We've also collected most of her chakra, so she's as useless as it is." He spoke as a matter of fact. 

One of the women shifted on her left foot creating a shuffling sound. "I agree. It's of no use to keep her any longer." 

Her doctor huffed, "We may want the power, but by all means, I am no child killer." 

The man scoffed at her insolence. "We've practically crippled her and you're worried about killing her. Please Yomi, she's as good as dead. Child or not, we are done with this specimen. If you are not capable of ending this organism's life, then I or another doctor will happily do so for you." 

The other woman spoke up, "Yes and may I ask why you're so reluctant Yomi?"

Yomi stayed silent, her lips pulled into a line. She hardened her expression and took a small intake of air. "Nothing more than the reasons I state." 

Both doctors eyed her suspiciously and then looked back at each other. 

"I suppose. This is her first experiment on a child. I'll let it pass. But this girl will be put down." The man said sharply as he turned on his heel and began to walk away. His companion followed suit. 

Yomi quickly nodded. She rushed over to where Sarada lay when the doors finally slammed shut. 

Yomi dipped her head down to Sarada's ear. She could smell the doctor's vanilla perfume perspiring off of her. Her hair tickled Sarada's cheek. The young girl wanted to squirm.

"Don't be frightened. I will make sure they don't take you away. We will be moving to my personal lab. It's hidden from the faculty. You'll be safe from them there." She whispered hushingly. She stroked back Sarada's ebony locks— like her mother used to do. 

Sarada's stitched eye welled up another single tear in the corner of her eye. It was the first time since the surgery that she was truly terrified for her life. 

Yomi gently wiped the tear away. "You know. I never wanted to do illegal experiments on people, much fewer children." She paused, still patting back Sarada's hair. "I was supposed to just study ophthalmology. At first, I worked with willing patients legally. Then I met THEC… The Human Experimentation Club. And I saw more opportunities. At the time I didn't think much of how the club's motives seemed suspicious. You see, I wasn't in it for the gain of power. I was in it for knowledge. I was interested in you because of your eyes." She stops for a quick moment to add something of importance, then decides to ignore it and continued on. "I always liked the study of the eyes, it fascinated me. Still does." She muses. "But anyways, I didn't think it was right for them to remove your eyes. In fact, I probably would have researched more if they left your eyes in. But they convinced me I would get a better look if my eyes were removed from their sockets. So I agreed and did the operation. I was careful not to damage any of your nerves, which I'm quite grateful for. We can still have your eyes placed back into you with precise chakra control and a whole lot of focus."