Crime and Punishment ≫ Crowfrost x Female! ThunderClan! Medicine Cat! Reader

Art: Nizumifangs

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• None

****

The grass felt nice and cool under your paws as you padded up the small slope towards the moonlit clearing. You were heading to the abandoned twoleg den at the edge of clan territory to meet a certain cat, one who meant the world and more to you. His name was Crowfrost, a well-built, handsome tom with smooth black-and-white fur and rippling muscles. You had met him at a gathering moons ago when he had approached you and the other medicine cats and began making small talk. You were wary of him in the beginning, but after several more gatherings and a few late night meetings later, he earned your trust, and two seasons later, he earned something more.

"Crowfrost?" You meowed quietly, ducking your head under a rotting piece of wood and peering into the musty darkness. No response came, so you backed out of the abandoned den and padded around to the back. His scent was definitely present, but it was so stale it had to have been from the last time you met here. You weren't sure where to look for him.

You rounded the corner of the decrepit structure, ears straining for any pawsteps in the leaves or fur brushing against shrubs. Once again, nothing happened. You started to worry that something had happened to the ShadowClan warrior on his way to the twoleg den, or someone had finally found out about his secret escapades. You swallowed, struggling to maintain composure.

Keep it together, (Y/N). He's probably just running a little late.

Just then, a twig snapped somewhere behind you, and a weight crashed down on top of your back. You cried out in shock, bracing yourself as you were pushed all the way to the ground. Laughter erupted from your attacker. You growled in annoyance, dragging yourself out from under him and giving your pelt a firm shake.

"You scared the fur off of me!" You snapped, playfully lashing your tail and turning to glare at your mate. He laughed harder, his deep blue eyes shining brightly in the moonlight. You huffed, averting your gaze. The sight of him never failed to make your ears burn.

"I can tell." He chuckled once he had settled down. "You're never this jumpy. What's going on with you?"

"Leafpool thinks I'm looking for catmint," You sighed, shuffling your paws against a sudden cool breeze. "Usually I sneak out when she and Jayfeather are asleep, but I couldn't tonight. Longtail and Mousefur both have greencough, and if they take a turn in the middle of the night and I'm not around, Leafpool or Jayfeather will find out I'm gone and get suspicious." You felt bad for using the elders' illness for your own gain, but it was true. You couldn't let anyone find out where you had been sneaking off to since you were an apprentice.

Crowfrost smiled at you, rubbing his muzzle against your cheek with a soft murmur. "I guess that means we'll have to be extra quiet, then."

You smirked playfully, nudging him with your shoulder. "I guess so."

****

You were laying with your head rested on Crowfrost's chest, listening to the rhythmic beating of his heart and his steady breathing. He had his paw draped over your shoulders, rasping his tongue over your ears. "You're amazing," He murmured, his breath tickling the inside of your ear. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," You meowed softly, pushing yourself up with your paws resting on his chest and touching your nose to his. "You're the most wonderful tom in the whole forest." He smiled, gently reaching behind you and stroking the back of your neck with his paw. You both laid there for a moment, just gazing into each other's eyes. Then, you realized that the sun was nearly gone, and crickets were beginning to sing all around you.

"I have to go now." You meowed with a sigh.

Crowfrost's smile faltered, and he looked away for a moment. "I know."

"The gathering is coming up," You meowed, fighting back tears at the sight of his disappointment. "we'll meet again then, and we can even sneak away after." It didn't sound fair. The next gathering wasn't for over a moon, and the thought of going that long without seeing the ShadowClan warrior nearly made you ill.

But nevertheless, Crowfrost put on the best smile he could manage and gently pushed you off of him as he stood up. "Alright, then. I'll see you around, (Y/N)."

You smiled back. "I'll see you around." Then, he turned and disappeared into the thick cluster of pines behind the twoleg den. You watched him leave, your smile twinging into a concerned frown.

Cat's actions always have consequences, You thought nervously as you mused over the events of the night. Am I going to regret this? But as the image of Crowfrost's handsome face and kind voice replaced the images of punishment in your mind, your worries melted away like snow.

Everything will be fine. It always is.

****

This is the prequel to my Leafpool two-shot. Of course, you and I both know everything will not be fine for you...

I hope you enjoyed this mini one-shot! I love the way it turned out, and I had a lot of fun writing it! Please let me know if there's a one-shot you would like to see in my book!
(Make sure requests are open first)