fractured memories

FRACTURED MEMORIES
niklaus mikaelson

FRACTURED MEMORIESniklaus mikaelson

"she was made of sunlight."

══════════════════

DIANNA SOMMERS FELT AS though she was losing her mind. It began with her wandering by the alley behind the Mystic Grill after meeting with friends, and suddenly she'd be in her bedroom hours after she'd left the restaurant with no memory of the time lost or how she'd even gotten home. Or she would be roped into chaperoning the high school dance by her older sister and not remember any part of the night when she woke the morning after.

The gaps were small at first, almost going by unnoticed. But Dianna started losing hours and then days, and she once lost almost the whole week when she'd suffered an injury that caused her future volleyball career to go up in flames. Not even remembering what had happened somehow hurt more than the injury itself.

Somehow she knew that her niece and her mysterious new boyfriend were at the centre of the time she was losing. Dianna felt tenser around them with each bump and bruise she found after another blackout, a strange spike of fear when she watched them eye her nervously, and whispered conversation halt when she entered a room. She only felt the extent of the situation fall heavy on her when she found a note hidden near the centre of a textbook with rushed writing that was definitely hers, though she had no recollection of penning it. She couldn't even begin to decipher what it could mean.

Dianna needed a break which took her away from Mystic Falls in the form of a country road trip in the hopes of forgetting about how topsy turvy her life had become, even if it was for only the Summer. The end of it found her visiting her best friend's hometown, Chicago, to spend the rest of their break together.

Chicago was where she met a man in a bar, shared a drink, and a flirty conversation and just when it seemed as if she'd finally learn the truth, he needed to leave, and Dianna was back to square one.

And then her Summer was over just as quickly as it began. Mystic Falls and Whitmore College awaited her reluctant return, as did the lies her family was feeding her, the manipulation, and the secrets. Even the man from that Chicago bar seemed to show up at the most inopportune moments and what Dianna thought was a once-off flirty conversation in a seedy bar seven hundred miles from her home ended up becoming something unimaginable.

Dianna would be damned if she let anyone make her feel guilty for falling in love, not after everything they'd put her through.

INTRODUCING THE OUTER CIRCLE!
"everything else faded for a single moment."

Alycia Debnam-Carey as
Dianna Sommers

"Ugh, Elijah was right."