08

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

❝ 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺. ❞

the lunchtime bell rang, signaling the break for students. jisoo felt a sense of relief that aizawa hadn't made any grand introductions about the new student – her – during class. she preferred to keep a low profile and avoid unnecessary attention.

as she navigated through the crowded cafeteria, she couldn't shake off the intense gaze of midoriya izuku, who seemed to have a peculiar interest in her. his constant glances and the way he scribbled notes in his notebook raised a hint of curiosity in jisoo's mind. was he making a special curse or just being unusually attentive?

the upcoming sports festival, which aizawa briefly mentioned, didn't concern her much. the intricacies of how it worked were lost on her, and she assumed it wasn't compulsory. her focus was on adjusting to the new environment without drawing unnecessary attention.

however, a sudden shiver ran down her spine, a feeling that intensified when she sensed a pair of eyes fixated on her solitary figure in the corner. 

kayden, one of her cats, shot her a judgmental look, as if silently questioning why she chose to isolate herself. ignoring the peculiar sensation, jisoo returned to her lunch, contemplating the mystery of midoriya's lingering gaze and the unspoken judgment from her feline companion.

"how'd you do that?"

"씨발." jisoo muttered, holding her chest in surprise at the sudden voice from behind her.

fuck.

it was todoroki shōto.

jisoo let out an audible groan of annoyance, poking at the vegetables on her plate with obvious disdain. in the midst of her culinary discontent, someone silently took a seat in front of her, breaking into her moment of solitude.