Chapter Thirteen

Percy

When Percy arrived at Hogwarts that Sunday afternoon he went to his room and locked his door. He was tired. He was tired of thinking about Annabeth. As far as Percy knew, he didn't want to step foot in any of the camps again. He already did everything he had to do for them. Fighting Kronos and then Gaia, saving both camps from destruction. He didn't do it alone, he knew that, but that didn't matter to him right now. He kept thinking about Annabeth. He always thought about Annabeth these days. How she told him she loved him and that she would never leave, or how he was the love of her life. How they fell into Tartarus together. Did all of that mean nothing to her? He couldn't believe that. He wanted to believe that what Hecate showed him that day was just an illusion, a plain lie. But there was a part of him deep down that knew it was true.

Everything reminded him of her. The tattoo of spqr in his arm, he got that the same day he saw Annabeth for the first time since Hera had kidnapped him. The way he dressed, Annabeth used to tell him what to wear and Percy did, because he wanted to make her happy, now that he is thinking about it sounds crazy but at that time it was the sanest thing to him. Making her happy was all that he cared about. Everything about him screamed Annabeth and he hated it. He hated her for it. He wondered if his friends at camp knew about it and if they just kept it a secret from him, and if it was his fault. Maybe he did something wrong, said the wrong thing and acted the wrong way and that made her fall out of love with him. Was that it?

Percy's thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the door, he got a feeling he already knew who it was.

Hermione Granger stood at his door, holding a glass of something. She had a nervous look on her face which made Percy more nervous. He didn't show it though.

"What's up?" he asked.

"So um, I made you this." He looked at the glass, whatever was in it looked green. "Its for my bakery elective, we are supposed to do this kind of milkshake and I was hoping if you would tell me if it taste good"

Percy almost said yes but then he remembered. The Veritaserum. He remembered the plan she made weeks ago with Harry and Ron. This must be it, he thought.

"You drink it first," he said. Hermione's face dropped and he could see the glass in her hand now shaking.

"I would, but I wanted to get your insight on it first" she smiled.

"Drink it first Granger"

At that point, he could see Harry and Ron in the corner of his eye behind a wall. He almost laughed at their idiotic attempt to poison him with a truth serum. "C'mon how am I supposed to tell you if I like it if you haven't tried it yourself"

She hesitated and then she answered. "I already did, but I feel like my opinion of it would be biased."

Percy took the serum out of her hand and got it up to his mouth. But just when Hermione thought he was going to drink it, he tilted the glass and let it all fall to the floor. He threw the glass to Harry, to his surprise, he cached it.

"Don't try that shit again" he whispered. He slammed the door in her face and went back to thinking, more like plotting this time.

The Next Day

Percy didn't know what was more annoying, Professor Sprout talking about plants, or Aubrey chewing.

"Can you stop that?" he asked, trying his best not to sound irritated.

"Stop what?"

"The chewing"

"It's a jawbreaker"

Percy showed no knowledge of knowing what it was.