Chapter 4 - Prey

Thoma knocked on Ayato's bedroom door.

"Who is it?" He heard from inside.

"It's Thoma, sir."

"Come in," Ayato said without hesitation.

Thoma opened the door and quickly averted his eyes. Ayato appeared to be changing clothes, and he didn't have a shirt on. Oh sweet mercy.

"How was your trip to town, sunshine?" Ayato asked, looking through his closet to find a suitable shirt.

Thoma smiled a little at the familiar nickname. "It was great!" He said cheerfully. He started to rattle off a list of the things he got before cutting himself off.

"Oh! Sir I got you something." He put the bag with the kimono on the bed and opened it. He pulled it out and held it up for Ayato to see.

Ayato's face lit up. "Thoma, it's beautiful," He said.

Thoma's smile got even wider. He felt pride at making his master happy.

"In fact, it'll be perfect to wear tonight. Help me put it on?" Ayato asked.

Thoma gulped before stepping toward the half naked man. He opened the kimono and held it out for Ayato. His fingers brushed Ayato's shoulders as he put his arms through. Thoma released it and walked around Ayato to tie it, oblivious to the smirk on Ayato's face.

He took a deep breath as he stood back, smiling at his handiwork.

Ayato looked Thoma in the eye.

"How does it look?"

Thoma's eyes widened slightly as he tried to sort through his thoughts. "W-well sir it looks- it looks very nice on you," He managed to get out.

"That's all? Nothing...specific you like, sunshine?" Ayato started to circle him.

Thoma didn't know what to do. He stood there, completely clueless as he was circled. He felt like he was prey being hunted by a predator. Pink tinted his cheeks.

He cleared his throat. "I think...the color suits your skin tone and eyes very well..." He muttered.

"Is that all?"

Thoma gave him a confused look. He wasn't sure why master Ayato was acting this way. "...yes?"

Ayato chuckled. "Alright," He said. "You may leave."

Thoma bowed slightly and hastily exited the room.

Still in the bedroom, Ayato smirked as he watched Thoma leave.

"He's really clueless isn't he?"