Chapter 1

"As much as I don't want to tutor this session, I could really use the money," Y/n says as she drags herself to her tutoring appointment. Y/n is a junior in college working part-time as a lead tutor for English classes at the university's learning centers. Being a lead tutor meant that she was the middle man between the directors of the learning center and the tutors/tutees. She is expected to handle other responsibilities and basically runs the learning center during her shift. Essentially, she has a pretty important job and is trusted by her higher-ups. While attending to her other tasks, she must also tutor a student. Usually, due to y/n's tutoring skills, she is often assigned to help the university athletes and today was no exception. "Gojo Satoru ... football player ... he better not be a fucking asshole," y/n comments to herself. She takes a big breath in and sighs, but then she immediately sucks her stomach back in. She pulls her shirt away from her body and thinks, "I regret wearing a fitted shift; I wish I just wore my sweatshirt. I feel so fat." Y/n has always been the chubby one in her friend group. She was used to her friends getting hit on and just awkwardly standing there. She never felt good in her own skin. The thing is, y/n is so much more than just her weight, she is intelligent, cute, funny, and overall a great person to be around. She has so much going for her and is constantly praised by others for her achievements. However, y/n's insecurities filter her mind so that her perception is manipulated into only seeking out moments that fulfilled the idea that her whole being was boiled down to just her weight. Her insecurities cause her to make assumptions about how others think of her and even ruin her own opportunities. It's not that her biggest flaw is that she is chubby; it's how it makes her believe she is never good enough. Y/n knew this perception was a problem, but it's hard to reshape that mindset when the whole world demonizes anything that's not skinny.

Y/n finally arrives at the familiar building, and a sense of confidence goes over her. She has been a tutor for two years and truly enjoys working with others, plus she is pretty good at it. Before she enters the classroom, she decides to use the bathroom. As she walks through the hallway, she is immediately taken back by a tall boy with white hair leaving the boy's bathroom. She pulls herself back into focus and walks into the girls' restroom. As she washes her hands, she laughs, "Damn, he was pretty cute. Too bad he would never notice me." Y/n makes sure she looks presentable before leaving the bathroom to start her shift.

Entering the classroom, y/n waves and smiles at the pairs of tutors/tutees at their tables. Alone at a table is the tall white-haired boy. Y/n starts feeling flustered, avoids eye contact with him, and sits down at her own table. "Is he lost?" Y/n asks herself. " I've never seen this boy before at this session. I should probably ask him his name and if he's looking for tutoring." Y/n, still feeling flustered, builds up the courage to walk up to the cute white-haired boy. "Hello!" She says while flashing a smile. "Are you looking for tutoring?" "Yes," the boy replies. "I'm Gojo Satoru. You're y/n, right? I think you're my tutor." Y/n's heart sinks as it feels like butterflies are fighting within her stomach. "Oh, yes!" Y/n exclaims. "I'm your tutor for this session. If you could just sit over there at my table, I'll help you in a second after I walk around and take attendance." After the boy got up, y/n's smile immediately dropped. "You gotta be shitting me," y/n says defeatly. Y/n cannot believe that Gojo is that attractive, and now she has to tutor him for 7 sessions. Suddenly, that confidence y/n had is gone, and she feels nervous as if it is her first ever tutoring. "Pull yourself together," she tells herself while going up to other groups, "You're just his tutor. This isn't a date or anything. He's here to be helped, and that's your job." Y/n starts to feel guilty about being so attracted to one of her students since he innocently signed up for sessions to be helped. "Just act as if he's like every other person you've tutored," Y/n says to calm herself down before sitting back with Gojo.

Gojo Satoru is in his third year of university and is a college athlete. He certainly enjoys all the privileges that come with it, such as excellent housing, free college, and hot ass girls throwing themselves at him. Gojo plays on the university's football team alongside his two other friends/roommates, Geto and Nanami. Gojo is naturally intelligent but often struggles with actually sitting down and doing the work, which is why he's not passing his English class. His advisor recommended that he sign up for a 7-week tutoring session at the learning center. At first, Gojo rolled his eyes at the option, not wanting to commit that long to a program. His advisor convinces him when he shows Gojo the tutor profiles and says that he would be assigned to y/n since she's one of the lead tutors and has the availability. Looking at y/n picture and bio, thinking she was pretty cute and it wouldn't hurt to get his GPA up, he agreed to sign up.