Untitled Part 1

In the quiet community of Emoh, the season of bountiful harvests and scattering leaves has come to its conclusion. In little hushed whispers, the brisk air blew softly throughout the night, occasionally giving life to marvelous snowy whirls, before quickly dissipating into the midnight sky. The delicate crystals blanketed the vicinity, tucking the town to bed in a wintry quilt. Only a few homes in the residential portion of town were dimly lit, as most of them had already gone into a sort of bearish hibernation. However, a little off the beaten path of the neighborhood is a bit of a queer house that continues with their festivities unlike the rest of Emoh.

Despite its peculiarities, to say it is an unpleasant place couldn't be further from the truth, it is quite the opposite.

Of the mothers, fathers, and children of Emoh, all are invited to the most delightful extravaganza fit for royalty within this strange house. As one first steps inside the abode, they are enveloped in an intense but alluring harmony and an intoxicating fragrance of sweet pies and savory cuts of meat. Subsequently, they are welcomed by a flock of friendly faces, each one giving a personal greeting to the guest as they are ushered inside towards the kitchen. The fragrant scent of creamy soups and stews lingers in the air, enticing those to draw closer to the boiling pots on the stove and steal a taste. The dining room table was accompanied by an endless array of fresh fruits that glimmered like jewels, juicy animal flesh glazed in honey, and a refreshing assortment of saccharine booze. Families gathered around the dinner table, happily conversing with one another, gorging themselves and squabbling and teasing about the most trivial of matters. Some individuals are preoccupied in their drunken stupor, flirting around in a state of pure bliss, while others are off amusing themselves with a diverse selection of games. There is no limit to the indulgence, all guests of the house are encouraged to surrender to whatever their hearts desire, in this warm and intimate ambiance.

Oh, how lovely this scene is, one might think, to be able to witness this in all its breathtaking glory. Believe me, I too would have been fond of this picturesque display in the past, but those times have been long gone and I now despise this gathering of the gluttonous.

Barricaded in a secluded chamber deep within the house is where I reside, the former beloved host of the eccentric house of Emoh. Quite ironic, isn't it? Why would the master of all things exquisite end up in a place like this, in a cramped cell of a room, characterized by a foul stench and a repulsive sight of rotten rodent carcasses? Simply put, I escaped from that wretched inferno that I had once called home, the one which had birthed such vile swine-faced creatures from my own hands. The feast of ceaseless pleasures was supposed to be nothing more than a temporary escape for the poor lonely souls of Emoh, a haven for whatever troubled their hearts. Who knew that they would exploit my naivete and I'd be dancing to a paralyzing rhythm like a puppet in their hands? Whatever the guests asked for, I delivered to them without fail, until the music became a meaningless cacophony that put me under its dizzying spell. I continued to serve them until my body grew strained, and until the sickly sweet aroma began to poison my mind and cloud my judgment. Their joyous laughter morphed into that of a hyena's cackle, wringing out whatever sense of sympathy and pity that I still possessed. Those grotesque animals devoured every last morsel of pleasure that was provided to them, and yet, they still hadn't had their fill. They stripped me to the bone like a vulture picking away at decayed flesh.

Soon, the thoughts of liberation strongly resonated within me. I was unsure of the exact whereabouts of where I was going but I deeply yearned for a place far away from here. However, I couldn't begin to fathom the possibility of running away from the monstrosity that I had created, it would be a burden far too arduous on the soul to carry. Thus, spending the rest of my life in hiding seemed to be the easier alternative, perfect for a pathetic and spineless coward such as I. As the frigid air of the chamber froze me to my core, it allowed me to disgorge the bitter bile that had accumulated within me and alleviate my nausea. Slowly and ever so slightly, I start to forget the atrociousness of my actions until all of my senses succumb to the numbness of frostbite.