Chapter 8

Tw for this chapter: Mention of death, mention of illness, mention of vaping

Note: Again sorry for dipping, I'm trying I promise

It was well after dinner when the project was finally finished that the three sat on Tommy's porch, enjoying the cool evening air. It was around midnight but since it was nearing summer the sun was still barely out, meaning the sky was a nice blue color.

Phil had turned in for the night, but Wilbur and Techno had joined the three out on the porch.

"And there was this one fucking place we stopped on our when we were moving here that this guy thought Ranboo was the gas station worker for some reason, kept telling Ranboo that the slushie machine was broken. Poor Ranboo just stood there all confused until our mom called us over so we could pay for our stuff and leave." Tubbo recalled as they laughed.

"Why did he think that Ranboo was a worker? Was he wearing the same color clothing or something?" Tommy questioned but Tubbo smiled wider and shook his head.

"No, Ranboo was wearing a My Chemical Romance shirt, black skinny jeans and his docs. Gas station worker was wearing a bright red shirt and hat!" Tubbo continued as Ranboo blushed from beside him.

"It was so fucking embarrassing, guy wouldn't even let me get a word in!" Ranboo said and Wilbur laughed along with Tommy.

"Jesus man, gotta stick up for yourself! Tell him off!" Wilbur encouraged but Ranboo just shrugged. Wilbur pulled a vape out of his pocket and took a long draw from it, Techno just stared at him.

"Wilbur." Techno said softly, and Wilbur looked over at him, meeting his eyes.

"What?" Wilbur asked slightly confused. Techno gave a nod in Ranboo and Tubbo's direction. "I'm pretty sure they don't mind."

"I don't care, and Ranboo had a vaping phase." Tubbo shrugged, and Ranboo hit his arm. "What, I'm not wrong." Tubbo protested.

"Doesn't mean they need to know everything Tubbo." Ranboo complained as Tubbo just rolled his eyes.

"Why did you have a vaping phase?" Tommy asked and Ranboo shrugged again as he looked away from them all, staring out at the greenhouse in the backyard.

"I'm gonna die anyway, doesn't really matter what I do in the meantime does it?" Ranboo said softly and they all fell silent. They were all looking at Ranboo, except for Tubbo who sat there with his arms crossed.

"Do you have to say that kinda shit in front other people?" Tubbo scoffed and Ranboo sighed. "Don't fucking sigh, you know what I'm fucking talking about."

"Tubbo let's not argue when we're at someone else's house okay? You can yell at me all you want tomorrow." Ranboo said and Tubbo just stared off into the distance.

"So anyway, it's starting to get dark out." Techno started.

~~~

"So how was your sleepover with your mute friend?" Their mom asked the next morning as Tubbo and Ranboo hopped into the car. Tubbo rolled his eyes and huffed as he stared out the window.

"You don't need to call him our mute friend mom, that's like if I called Ranboo my dying sibling." Tubbo snapped. Their mom didn't say anything in response.

"It was fine mom, we finished the project and got some good work done." Ranboo filled in and she nodded.

"That's good." She said softly, her happy mood had been diminished by Tubbo's words. "I was thinking that I would go on a date with Pete tonight."

"Are you going on a date or spending the night at his house again?" Tubbo said harshly from the back seat. His mom looked in the rearview mirror at him and then back at the road.

"Probably spend the night." She said quietly and Tubbo rolled his eyes again. Ranboo caught sight of this and turned around from the passenger seat.

"What is your fucking deal? Are you having another episode?" Ranboo said annoyed. Tubbo glared at him.

"Are you serious? No I'm not having another episode! You're a fucking idiot that's why I'm acting like this! I'm not going to pretend like everything is okay!" Tubbo yelled.

"Boys, no yelling in the car!" Their mom scolded, but both of the boys ignored her.

"You don't need to fucking take it out on mom though! And what I said last night was true, I'm going to fucking die at some point there's not point in pretending like I'm not going to!" Ranboo snapped back.

"Ranboo!" Their mom scolded again, but again she was ignored.

"Okay well I don't like it when you just say causally in front of strangers that you're going to die soon! I don't like hearing that shit at all Ranboo, do you think I like hearing about the fact that my brother is going to die? The one who's been through the most shit with me? My favorite fucking person going to die soon?" Tubbo yelled.

"It's not like you won't follow me when I do." Ranboo said quietly.

~~~

"Your friends seemed nice." Phil said as Tommy sat at the table for lunch.

"I wouldn't exactly call them my friends." Tommy said lightly and Phil gave him a questioning look.

"Why not? They seemed nice and it seemed like you had a good time with them after you guys finished your project. Even during the project it seemed like you all had fun." Phil said and Tommy shrugged.

"You talked in front of them." Techno said quietly and Tommy glared up at him.

"Right because when I talk in front of someone I'm obviously bestest friends with them and I'm all better, right Techno? That's how it works right?" Tommy said in a condescending way. Techno just stood up and walked away from the table, leaving Phil and Wilbur to frown at Tommy.

"Tommy." Phil said lightly.

"No, I'm tired of him acting like me speaking means I'm fine! That's not how this fucking works!"

Word count: 1000

Also my editors/beta readers didn't look at this lol so sorry for typos