Reborn

"One more push!" You suddenly feel sensation all over your body, it wasn't like the excruciating pain you felt before dying. It's just…foreign and sticky, well also tight too for some reason. Everything was dark as it was, but you could hear clearly. You could hear a woman screaming in pain and an encouraging words of another woman telling the other to keep pushing.

Keep pushing what? Did your soul perhaps get flown towards a delivery room and get shown a woman giving birth before a death reaper gets you? You hope not, you think you wouldn't be able to handle seeing so much blood and seeing a literal baby being pushed out.

While you were thinking all about random things and such, your view suddenly lightened up but still your eyes won't open. The tight sticky sensation was no longer there, as if you've popped out of a balloon. You were confused and no longer thinking of your death, still focused on the current predicament. Because no, what the hell.

"Congratulations ma'am! You have a healthy baby girl!" With no second to think, someone grabbed your legs.

Wait legs?

Suddenly you were dangled up until you're hanging upside down. You were really confused as to why you have been touched if you're supposed to be a ghost and just how big the person's hands are to carry a grown woman such as you with just one hand. Could it be God?

Slap!

You mentally gasped, offended that the big hand could dare to spank you in your behind. You can't express yourself and instead, suddenly feeling emotional with the pain, you cried. And to your shock that almost sent you into overdrive, you heard a baby's deafening cry that made you annoyed at how shrill it is.

But that cry made you realize something so absurd. No, no you couldn't be, that's impossible. You should be sent to hell or be collected by the death reaper right now. You couldn't be reborn so easily just after dying without waiting for the reincarnation cycle! You should be waiting for thousands of years. Or better yet, you shouldn't be able to recall your past life after being reborn as a….a sticky baby.

"Can…can I hold her?" You heard someone whisper, whom you assume is your mother. God did she sound so worn out, you wanted to apologize for even complaining about being sticky when she's the one suffering here. "Of course." The nurse would agree with a soft voice and shift you ever so softly. Still you couldn't move your limbs and were still crying in pain over the painful smack of the nurse. Damn once you get older, you'll come back and smack her back.

It hurts like watching a paper not being cut in half straight as a perfectionist.

But once you were placed on top of your supposed mother, every resentment you felt for the nurse just disappeared and a new feeling engulfed you all over, 'Warm…' For whatever reason, your baby body calmed down as soon as it settled into its mother's embrace. 'So comforting….'  For a few minutes, you felt at peace listening to your new mother's heart beat and her extreme delight.

You heard her crying in joy, mumbling how beautiful the baby is in front of her despite looking like a Red oversized newborn hamster like any baby would. It made you sad, remembering the life and loved ones you left behind. You wanted to cry, to wail in frustration. You could've accepted the fact you died, you would have accepted being reborn if the Lord had erased your memories before being reborn.

And yet, you couldn't bear the thought of dying for the second time. And abandoning your new mother who held you in her arms with so much tenderness it made you tear up and safe.

At this point, you could only stay there. Maybe in the future your memories would fade away and you would start anew like any other kid. You hope so, you couldn't bear to live with your past life's memories. You would miss everyone every single waking second and you knew it. You don't want to live a life wondering how life would have been if you hadn't died. The possibilities, what would you and Sarah talk about today? What would your parents cook you as a celebration dinner, how your cat is doing at home, what would their reaction be knowing you have died?

"What do you want to name your baby girl ma'am?" You heard the nurse ask and you didn't bother getting angry at her anymore, just staying still in your mother's arms. You don't know, your past mother had embraced you with the same tenderness as hers and gave you the same comfortable and safe feeling. You don't know how you accepted your death this fast. Or perhaps you're just in denial and the weight of your death hasn't hit you yet.

"Y/n, I'll name her Y/n." You were shocked, you're named the same as your past life. Could it be perhaps coincidence or perhaps meant to be? Were you meant to have the same name after reincarnation? All thoughts were gone when you heard such a tender yet soft voice, full of love, "My little Angel, Mama loves you so much."

You couldn't help but fell asleep, too tired to do anything anymore. You just wanted rest after all things you've been through. Dying and then living once again, your exhausted mind couldn't keep up and so you fully shut down once again.

*********

"She's so cute!" When you were fully awake once again after your deep slumber, you shifted and opened your eyes that was still developing. Duh you're a baby whose body parts are still developing, you couldn't possibly see that early when it would take weeks or even months to develop seeing as a newborn baby!

"Isn't she honey?" Two figures were looming after you, you were held in the arms of who you assumed was your mother who's now moved in a different room. The other one, you could guess that it's your father, he's a man with a fairly deep voice, you admit he sounds like a warm person.

Suddenly you felt irritated, what the heck the temptation was too much. You're slowly thinking like a baby and acting like a baby. 'Resist Y/n!' Even if you wanted to forget, you still wanted to maintain your dignity as a grown woman!

And yet you failed and soon the shrill cries of a baby were heard once again.