Ophelia (Ophee) (WIP-ish)

-------------------------------------------------------

(PICTURED LEFT)

(PICTURED RIGHT)

(PICTURED RIGHT)

-------------------------------------------------------GENERAL INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION

-Name: Ophelia
-Nickname(s): Ophee
-Age: ~2,000 years old (+)
-Pronouns: She/Her
-Species: Ancient Shapeshifter Demon
-Personality:Born as a creature of chaos, Ophelia has a natural tendency to stir up mischief and chaos. She is very clingy and affectionate towards the human who saved her (Sol). Ophelia often speaks without thinking and acts on impulse a majority of the time. She can be described as oblivious and childlike. Despite her nature, she does genuinely care about people (at least, those that she does not resent), specifically humans. A traumatic incident in her past led her to grow distrustful and hateful of all demonkind, causing her to bear a heavy grudge towards all beings of the underworld. Ophelia's past also caused her to develop an extreme fear of abandonment.
-Abilities: Shapeshifting (ability to change form at will), sound mimicry, increased regeneration and healing, resistance to scarring, shot bursts of energy (she gains power through consuming matter of any kind and also by absorbing negative emotions)
-Human Appearance: General appearance of a caucasian female. Unnatural white hair is unkempt and falls to her thighs. Her attire is very casual and easy to move around in (sweaters, tees, etc). She stands at around 5'5 or 165cm while in her human form. Her horns can be summoned based on the extremities of her emotions and level of power.
-Demon Appearance: (Will be added later)
-Backstory: Long story short, Ophelia made a grave mistake back before she was imprisoned. She gained access to various different realms through sketchy means, messing with the balance of nature and such (this included attempting to directly make contact with mortals). Thousands of years ago, strict rules were put into place for demons' contact with mortals, and Ophelia had broken several. Ultimately, the shapeshifting girl was tricked into believing that a human was attempting to contact her, and was led to an ancient demonic site. There, a high-class ranking demon chose to spare her life instead of slaying her, encasing her essence in a demonic box and sealing it with a curse. The box was then sealed underground in a cave on Earth.
Ophelia would then spend around two-thousand years under the Earth until a cave-in allowed humans to attempt to explore the depths. After a great handful of deaths, a human managed to retrieve the ancient demonic keepsake, returning the belonging to their family in the overworld. Generations passed by, stories of the box's existence passing down as a tale of a selfish spirit who desired what they could not obtain.
Unfortunately, the current members of the family housing the box were wiped out by a landslide. A human that had heard of the tales told about the ancient object explored the rubble, successfully stumbling upon Ophelia's prison. Ultimately, this human lost their hold on the antique, and dropped the box! The curse's hold on the box was snapped once the physical restraints were damaged. A flash of light slipped through the crevices of the keepsake, and a burst of energy flung the top of the box open: Ophelia was freed once again.
-------------------------------------------------------
OPHELIA'S LORE

Spawning from hell, Ophelia was born to stir up trouble and chaos. Naturally, this is something she excelled at. While her nature was relatively normal and similar to all demons, it did genuinely become a cause for concern once she gained knowledge of other dimensions and planes of existence— specifically the mortal realm. She shared the wrong ideas with the wrong powerful rulers of the underworld. She thought that it would be legitimate fun to crash together the planes of existence— pulling mortals down to Hell and vice-versa. Ophelia also made multiple attempts to cause calamity in the mortal realm (and did manage to cross over to Earth. How she managed to do so is still unexplained).

For an extended period of time she had become quite comfortable with lurking in the background, observing mortal life nonstop. Furthermore, she had grown an uneasy attraction towards humans, even going as far as to praise those who took notice of her presence. Her contact with entities in vital planes was FORBIDDEN, and she was willingly overstepping her boundaries.

This is when a majority of demonkind had enough with her mischief. This forced them to formulate a plan to capture Ophelia in the mortal realm. The shapeshifter was ultimately tricked into believing that a female human had learned of her existence, and that they would offer themselves to Ophelia as a plaything. Ecstatic, Ophelia foolishly darted into a demonic gathering site, oblivious to the plans of the overlords of Hell. A ruler with high power chose to spare the she-demon's life (at least for the time being), yet would prevent Ophelia from obtaining the freedom she once had. The leader decided to encase her essence in a mortal object. With her "soul" affixed to an item, she was imprisoned under layers of the Earth's crust, ultimately fated to wither away and decease as time passed: She would die alone and become forgotten.

However... The Earth is an unpredictable mass that harbors billions of life forms to this day, and it has undergone tremendous changes. Earthquakes, erosion, and environmental factors shifted the soil, and the object was pushed up a ways under the ground. Once the dirt had undergone enough change, the surface over the burial site collapsed, Earth caving in to reveal a deep crevice. The cave-in remained fatal to those foolish enough to explore the depths— no adventurer had ever come out alive. It remained "unexplored" for years, centuries even.. Until one fateful soul ventured in it's depths, managing to claw their way out from the pit. And out from the crevice in the Earth's crust came the cursed object— the item Ophelia was attached to.

The demonic possession became an ancient artifact as time passed, as it was easily mistaken as a human relic. A family resided in the nearby land, farmers and miners toiling the land for ages, holding onto the myth of the deadly crevice. Generations of the family held onto the object like a trinket, displaying the item in their homes like it was decor.

In the present day, the ancient belonging was transferred to another family. The same was done generation after generation, after all. Yet an unfortunate accident had occurred: A landslide had demolished the settlements alongside the pit, wiping out the residents there. In an attempt to recover the lost belongings of the owners, an unlucky human found themself carelessly handling the demonic object, and it broke once it met the ground! A burst of hellish energy was released, prison walls breaking as the mortal object's barrier was broken: Ophelia was freed.
-------------------------------------------------------