9 - Battles

A/n: Aaand we're back! In case you're wondering, I used a random generator for the matchups, for the most part anyway. I originally didn't plan to highlight Shinso in this fic, but he just snuck in there! Really, I don't have any plans, we're making it up as we go. Anyways, so glad you're still following along! Without further ado, it's onto the tournaments!

Matchups:

(Here are the matchups in word form in case the image isn't loading)Hagakure vs Midoriya Shiozaki vs Todoroki Shinso vs Kaminari Tetsutetsu vs Kirishima Honenuki vs Komori Hatsume vs Iida L/n vs Ururaka Yaoyorozu vs Tokoyami

Hagakure vs Midoriya
Shiozaki vs Todoroki
Shinso vs Kaminari
Tetsutetsu vs Kirishima
Honenuki vs Komori
Hatsume vs Iida
L/n vs Ururaka
Yaoyorozu vs Tokoyami

You against Ururaka, huh? You didn't know much about the girl from your sister class, but based on what you saw so far, she had some kind of zero gravity quirk that looked like it was activated through touch. So you just had to keep your distance, then. Shouldn't be too bad.

You sat next to Kinoko and Setsuna in your class's designated area; you both still had a while to go before either of your matches would start.

The first match was two of the 1-A kids duking it out: an invisible girl and the kid that won the preliminaries. You weren't exactly sure how they were going to tell if the invisible one was out of bounds, but you were sure they had a way.

It was a pretty interesting fight to watch, what with the one visible kid occasionally swatting at the air. It was actually quite comical.

In the end, the green haired boy--Midoriya was his name--was the victor. He flicked two of his fingers to create an insane blast of air, and the visuals on the TVs around the stadium switched to show their heat signatures, one on the right side of the arena just out of bounds. Peering down at the kid, you saw his fingers were a sort of red color, appearing to be broken. No wonder the boy didn't show off his quirk if it was so self destructive.

Shiozaki's match was next. She was up against Todoroki, a recommendation student from 1-A. Both of them excelled at long distance attacks, but every vine that shot towards Todoroki was frozen and shot down. It was barely a minute into the match that Shiozaki was frozen in a glacier.

The next match was unusually quick. The tired looking guy from gen Ed was facing off against Kaminari, who had an electricity quirk. The two had a short conversation before the match started and Kaminari walked out of bounds pretty much the moment it began.

Tetsutetsu had been paired with his 1-A counterpart, their nearly identical quirks making the match result in a tie. It was decided that when they both woke up there would be a tiebreaker and it was on to the next match: Kinoko vs Honenuki.

You knew a few things about the skeleton faced boy: He got in on recommendations, he's smart, and he's got insane quirk control. You crossed your fingers for Kinoko's sake but you knew no matter the outcome of the match you'd be proud of her.

She looked incredibly nervous, bangs in her face like always and it was hard to tell from here, but she was probably shaking like a leaf. Then she grit her teeth in steely resolve and clenched her fists, waiting for the match to begin.