Arrival

Jin stretched his aching limbs and bit back a yawn, his body draping over the mattress that became his new bed. His new home, in a way. Prince Jin of Shadowcrest, the one who was supposed to be King Jin. Yoongi's words from four days ago still plagued his mind. King Jin suited him more, apparently. Jin wasn't convinced.

It had been two days since his people came back to him. More specifically, his inner circle. Jimin had a lot to say about the trading they were able to do and how friendly the kingdom they visited was. Jin didn't remember all of it, he was more focused on the relief he felt seeing his friends return safely. Of course he needed them for his kingdom, but he also needed them for him too. They were his closest friends, and the thought of losing them on a mission Jin put together made his stomach churn.

He changed into a loose tunic that was the polar opposite of his royal robes. It was a cream color void of any stains, and he put leather cufflinks on around his wrists as to keep his sleeves in place. It made his hands appear larger, same with his fingers, but he didn't mind that much. Jin wasn't exactly going for appearance right now. What he wore didn't matter when they were all in a state of despair. His pants were in rough shape, same with his stained boots, but he didn't care about those either.

The pain of losing Shadowcrest was still among them. It was an ache that jabbed at their guts more by the day. Many, like Jimin and his wife, were lucky to have the ones they loved still with them. Others weren't as fortunate. Such as Jin. His father was gone, and he was left to lead an entire kingdom when he barely knew how to take care of himself. Back during his teenage years, it was lucky if he bathed more than three times a week. He wasn't a problem child, he just preferred adventuring and not wasting a minute on anything, even his basic needs.

Times were different now, and he wasn't a kid anymore. He had to settle down and bring his people back to glory. Repopulate, recruit lost knights who parted ways with their homes. But first, they needed to make this fallen kingdom their home. When Jin went to the door, he decided that was what he was going to do today.

The door snapped open, and he departed the comfort of his abode. His knights bowed to him, and he returned the gestures with groggy head dips he hoped showed how much he respected their dedication to the cause. Jin spoke with a few of them as well, exchanging status updates and how the night went. Nothing eventful, not that Jin expected there to be any hellfire raining down on them yet. But they were in this kingdom for a decent amount of time now. He figured it would only be so much longer before a group came and threatened their existence.

It took around 15 more minutes of wandering the castle for Jin to leave it, strutting down the passageways and downhill into the heart of the kingdom. Jungkook and his famous 'friend' was there, chatting while Jungkook used his hands to talk as always. His eyes twinkled in the sunlight, the chocolate shade of them having a depth Jin wished to study. Jungkook was a kind, gentle soul. A shy one too. Despite his intimidating personality as a spy, he was a man who preferred to keep to himself and speak with his trusted friends and his trusted friends only. Jin admired that. He also admired that Jungkook put personal preference behind him whenever he had a job to perform.

Jungkook noticed Jin and waved, the prince returning the expression to the man wearing an outfit surprisingly similar to Jin's. A cream-colored tunic with leather cuffs that squeezed his arms and made his biceps seem bigger by comparison. He had a sleeveless, brown leather jacket on over the tunic, his pants a light tan shade that was only a hair darker than his shirt. And of course, in classic Jungkook fashion, he had boots with grime engraved on the surface of them.

Like he did with the knights, Jin dipped his head at Jungkook, who bunny smiled and accepted the form of honor. Jin chuckled and continued on, noticing Taehyung not far away, speaking with his best friend and Jin's ambassador. Jimin was out of his usual attire of fancy blazers and pointed shoes. Instead, he had boots and an outfit similar to Taehyung's: dirt and sweat-covered dark clothes.