ballin'

The baby's cries ended when the father cradled the baby in his arms. Noli placed his little prince back down on the crib, and slowly slipped his hands away to not disturb the tired child.
Sigh.
Noli walked away from the prince, and stopped at in front of the massive window. It's velvet curtains scooted away to let in the warm orange sunset light. He raised a hand and pressed the tips of his fingers down on the glass, observing the view.
This was all still new to him.
The loss of his dear wife, caring for a motherless child. He believed he and his love will be together until the end of time.
But he was a fool; she was merely a mortal, and he was a god. Gods can live forever, but not mortals. He had to realize that the hard way when she died during labor.
And he couldn't bring her back! He couldn't heal wounds; he could only worsen them.

Speaking of worsen, the child's cries came back, only louder than before. Oh dear- he must've spaced off and couldn't hear him.
"Shshshsh- don't cry, my prince- please don't cry..." Noli pleaded with a hush tone, carefully grabbing the baby and cradling him once more.
Chrysos.
He had his mother's blue iris, and her sweet smile. Oh how those two features pained Noli much more. But Chrysos would close his eyes once again when he drifts back to his fragile sleep.
Noli smiled, as much sadness he had in his heart, he also had so much love to show.
And love his little prince he'll receive.

This is short and it kinda suxks bc im not willing to proofread it but whatevs