XII

DION POV
~▪︎~

If that brat didn't run away, I wouldn't be married to anyone now.
Kill her, I can't now.
Not even hurt her.

I have suspicions about that girl, and there is something that intrigues me about her.
He did not hesitate to hit me, and to imprison me in the cell.
If I didn't have the keys it would be almost a whole day before they released me and she would be able to escape from the territory of Nero Agriche.
And if he told everything that happened to him here it would be the end for all of us.

But luckily I blocked it before all this or worse could happen.

-Sir, today I would like to take my leave earlier than usual ... Could I? Monsignor.-

He asked me, a training "buddy" of mine. I believe his name is Regis. He is a born womanizer, he tries with young women, married and older than him, in a nutshell it is enough that they are beautiful and that they breathe and are perfect for him.

-Go. Just don't come back in an hour to ask to restart training!-

Obviously, I don't have a good liking for him.
I believe that only my father has a certain interest in his family's affairs and wealth.

-Thank you my lord, and I will not disappoint you!-

He replies with his usual cheeky smile on his face, which would make anyone who sees him get nervous. But give in to every girl who sees it.

Regis, begins to move away to an undetermined point.
Usually when he is absent from training, he goes to the building to have tea with my half-sister Grizelda.
I have never endured her, she is too happy and excited to live and she is the sunniest woman who has lived in this manor.

Okay, better follow him.
He doesn't bode well.

Oh, I understand he's hitting on a woman.
But how did a lady get in here.
Wait, the only person in the whole manor who looks like her is my fiancé.
What good for nothing, he is bothering an almost married girl, moreover with the fiancé of the eldest son of the house in which he resides and to which he owes a mess of debts.

-What is happening here?- I exclaim with my nerves to the stars for the irritation of the situation.
My princess turns to my direction, surprised and frightened by my sudden arrival.
But I also notice a glimmer of relief and hope in her gaze.

-What were you doing with my wife, Regis? - I exclaim, again, much more annoyed by the proximity of MY woman with that filthy man.
Regis, take a step back as soon as you hear me say the word "wife".
I decide to mark my territory, starting with putting my arm around her hips, to draw her more to me, while I stare with winning gaze.
She is MINE is my very precious jewel and amulet.
I'm not someone who shows his feelings, but with her I can, and that's why I have to hold her tight to me.