Chapter 1

Lets just say that I hate cats. They are dumb, mean, lazy, and idiotic animals, a world without house cats is a good world. Anyway this is my story about how i became the most loved kid in these great United States of America. First lets start with a little bit about me. I'm a small Brazilian kid, about 5'4 and about 109 pounds and I'm as fast as a turtle. In other words defy the stereotype of fast Latino kids but man am I a good soccer player. i play center defense and i am the best to in my neighborhood. Or it was a neighborhood until greed destroyed it.

My "house" is a small shack near the Rio Negro in Brazil. My father was a fisherman but was killed when i was 5 by the drug lords in the area. The only thing my father loved other than his family was soccer. He trained me from the time i could walk. He wanted me to be the best soccer player in Brazil. His favorite saying was, "Lucas, você vai me deixar orgulhoso e eu espero que você vá para os estados unidos", which means "Lucas, you will make me proud" and he also told me this everyday," i hope you go to the United States and play soccer".

That was my Father's dream. He wanted to go to the united states and live in a place without drug dealers and without living in fear. "Its to bad he didn't achieve it," my uncle said, "it was a stupid dream," said my aunt, and little did I know what fate had in store for me.