Part 9: 99 Problems

One second, it had only been one second. That's all the time it took for the life to be pulled from Ryan's body. A young person dying can be one of two very impacting things. One, it can be the most traumatising thing to ever happen to someone because the person that died was so young and they barely lived or two, it can be rather comforting in a strange way for the exact same reason. The person barely even lived which means they hadn't experienced as much and therefore never felt as though they missed out on anything. For Milo and Cassie it was a mix of both. They obviously felt bad and horrible for what had happened but they also sort of felt relieved it was Ryan that had died instead of someone less deserving. Not to say Ryan deserved to die but there are people that would have deserved it less than him. They were still in his bedroom, completely shocked and trying not to hyperventilate whilst the blood slowly ran down the wall and gradually spread out across the carpet. In any other situation this scene would have looked quite artistic. The contrast between the red and white, Ryan's gracefully posed body, the muscles looking defined and almost like they were carved from stone, and the generously placed duvet that was barely covering Ryan's manhood.

"Oh my god I'm going to be sick" said Cassie, turning away from Ryan and putting a hand on her stomach.

"What have I done?"Said Milo, almost a whisper and then instantly being pulled back to reality by what Cassie had said. Milo walked over and quickly put his hand over Cassie's mouth. "No, you can't be sick."

"Why?" Asked Cassie through Milo's hand, confused and still feeling ill.

"If you vomit everywhere your DNA will be all over this room" answered Milo, sounding serious.

"Milo, you can't serious think we're going to get away with this" said Cassie, removing Milo's hand. "We just killed someone. No, not even someone. We killed Ryan. It's not like we aren't unrelated to the victim. He's someone we go to college with and he's also someone everyone knows hates us."

"True but loads of people hate Ryan" replied Milo. "It's not our fault that we're the only ones that don't stand for his bullshit."

"First of all, we didn't stand for his bullshit. We're going to have to start speaking about him in past tense" said Cassie, gesturing over towards Ryan. "And second, he recently got you arrested and questioned by the police. If that isn't going to get seen as a motive I don't know what is."

"Fuck... I need time to think" replied Milo, pacing around the room and then returning to Cassie. "I know you think we're not going to get away with this but just think about it for a second. Ryan has always had everything he's ever wanted and yes, it's definitely terrible that he died. However, with what we've been doing we could finally get what we deserve. Are you really going to let Ryan take that away from you even after his death? I know that I'm not."

"Your reasoning is a little wonky but I think I get the picture" said Cassie, thinking about it and swallowing hard. "Alright fine, we can deal with this however you want to deal with it but we're not done with this conversation. He may have been an asshole but he didn't deserve this."

"Alright yes, okay" replied Milo, letting out a breathe of relief.

"So, what do you want to do?" Wondered Cassie, biting her lip.

"Well first we get the fuck out of here and then everything else we can figure out later" responded Milo.

"Okay" said Cassie, nodding and then opening the door so they could both leave. However, as they were walking down the corridor, they heard the sound of police sirens getting closer and people downstairs sounding panicked. "Shit, what's happening now?"

"The people left from the party must have called the police" replied Milo, grabbing one of Cassie's hands and pulling her back towards the bedroom. "We'll have to go this way."