Chapter 1 - Past Connections Part 1

A bright light is seen, blinding the many who have seemingly entered unto it. Words are muttered and whispered, their swift movements are sent across time and space as they instantaneously zip towards their destination.

Their eyes can only discern what are... flashes of memories, names of people, and places are heard. Visions are seen, a burning and decimated city, corpses littered all around. Black smoke permeates the once blue sky, a ringing and unbearable amalgamation of human-like voices reverberating and surrounding their ears. 

Overwhelming sensations are felt all throughout their bodies, as not only are their figures withstanding all of this. But also are their minds, sudden rushes of information overload their psyche as they fight to keep their memories intact, to even remember who they are.

"Rushiko! Remember your training, and don't give in!" a determined voice is heard as he finally sees the light fading, he closes his eyes once more. Taking a sharp and deep breath, he prepares himself for the eventual comedown because once he lands, he won't have enough time to hesitate and falter any longer.

                                                        - Kyouka (強化) -

The very moment the light fades away from his eyes, he instantly sees himself falling from a great height, down below is a familiar-looking city all covered up by fog, its surroundings are all grayed out though, and both their exteriors and interiors have no color, it's like the very life that this city once had was sucked away, only leaving the memories of its once lively form. 

Rushiko holds his breath and dives deeper, his body emanating light as he falls further below to the ground, his body overflowing with this light, he grabs his blade from his holster, and he endues it with his aura. He swims towards a bunch of clouds, with the tip of a skyscraper poking out, as he falls faster, he violently stabs the walls and the windows of the building as his blade shakes from the force of his aura slicing downwards to the concrete ground, he grips both of his hands on the blade's handle tightly.

He sighs in relief as he gets closer to the ground, to the point where the fog has cleared out and he is seeing the buildings of the city more prominently and up close. But this relieving silence is broken, when bullets zip towards his position, he quickly drops his other hand from the blade to look at the multiple directions of where they are all coming from. 

He discovers multiple enemies waiting for his position! from the many windows and balconies of the buildings encompassing the city to the huge amount of them down below his feet, he slouches his back and strengthens the aura around him, as he kicks back unto the walls on his back and jumps away from the skyscraper, the bullets coming towards his position simply being disintegrating before they even reach him. 

He lands on the ground, cracking the asphalt floor and creating a crater around his feet at the same time, numerous enemies converging at his location, he quickly sprints towards them and charges the aura on the blade and slides under the enemy's legs, he jumps to a great height and grabs his other blade, he tightens his grip on their hilts, as both of the blades shake from the overwhelming aura contained within.

He slams both of them towards one of the enemy's heads and completely obliterates his body, crushing him like he were a can, his blades have not only severed the enemy's figure but it has also struck the ground, sparks of light form as the after-effect spread towards all of the surrounding enemies, blowing most of their body parts up in the process.

He moves faster as he finishes all of them off, his hands swiftly moving in an elegant yet frantic motion while all of their limbs and organs fly out with fresh blood gushing from all around them, he suddenly stops and takes many small breaths, wiping the blood from his hands along with the stain on his blades.