Chapter 26

"Rafael, such a pleasure

"Rafael, such a pleasure." I say whilst keeping my knife against his throat, both of us holding strong eye contact as he waits for me to lower the blade. I step back after a minute and straighten my jacket before putting my blade away, his blue eyes watching my every move.

"I have been trying to contact you, I have some news on the missing shipments. Can we go inside and talk?" He questions as we stand across from each other, his muscular body still close against the wall.

Nodding my head in agreement, he straightens and begins to lead the way to the cafe before quickly opening the door and holding it open for me to enter first, I send him a nod in gratitude as he observes the cafe steadily whilst a young, energetic waitress welcomes us both and leads us over to a closed off area where only a few booths are placed.

She places two menus down before taking her leave, allowing both Rafael and I to take our seats across from one another before he begins to glance through the menu. He looks up, promptly meeting my gaze and addresses the problem, "There have been some rumours of a small organisation aiming to get revenge on you and whoever partners with you."

The waitress returns, politely asking for our orders as she aims to keep the interaction short, we both only order a coffee so she nods and simply leaves. "Where did you hear these rumours?" Questioning him whilst watching as his gaze wonders across my face and neck, before answering. "I have some informants in the new organisations and got word back on their aims, but this one only has a target and it seems to be you and your business."

Our coffees are placed on the table with sugar and milk before the waitress leaves, which prompts Rafael to push them both over to me for my use before using them for himself.

"Where did this organisation come from?" I ask after drinking some much needed caffeine, he leans forward in interest before lowering his tone, "I have reason to believe that they were involved with one of the original take downs so they went underground before making their own organisation to plan the revenge."

Nodding in consideration whilst thinking of some ideas on who could have started this, I subtly take notice of the way his throat looks when he swallows his coffee, noting the way his veins appear more prominent.

"Does anyone else know?" He shakes his head in denial as his foot softly nudges mine, "Keep it that way, just double your security and quietly inform your friends and family to keep their eyes open." He nods his head in agreement which makes some of his smaller curls drop onto his forehead and I observe as he pushes them back whilst keeping his gaze locked on mine.

Rafael begins to tap his fingers against the table before meeting my gaze, tilting his head "Is there a chance that you will be available to help improve my soldiers training soon?" I contemplate before nodding, "They do need improvement, so yes." He shakes his head with a small smile as we keep eye contact, whilst nodding his head in thanks.