1

An outrage.

That's what this was.

This university was more than big enough. And yet, out of all the students he could have gotten paired with. It had to be him. He wasn't about to stand for it, and as much as the others enjoyed a good game. He wasn't in the mood to hear the man's constant whining.

So here they were.

Both sitting in the principal's swanky office. Asano with his legs crossed, hands folded calmly and neatly. A polite but cold smile on his features. While the redhead opposite of him sat a bit more slouched, legs not folded. His arms crossed and a less than pleased expression on his face. The two 19 year olds radiated that usual threatening aura. After battling it out against one another for several years of their highschool life. The pair were more than ready to bid each other goodbye. What they had neither would call it a friendship, rather a respectful rivalry. But both would agree it was time to seek other rivals in college. And while the run had been fun, Asano wanted nothing more than to study without fear of Akabane screwing with him.

He'd let himself imagine it. Let himself dream of that life. And this was the cost. He'd jinxed it! Because of course Akabane had to go to the same college as him and what more he was his roommate. No way. He was finally legally old enough to move out of his house. Living in a dorm wasn't exactly ideal. But it would do. A break from his father's overbearing eyes watching him for several years. Just his luck that he traded one idiot for another.

Karma on the other hand didn't mind all that much that his roomie was Asano. The rivalry was refreshing, at first that was. But even he had to admit it was getting a bit stale. Asano was starting to get predictable. Between his constant whining when he messed with him whilst he tried to concentrate. So his declaration of being on top. But, he never did live with the guy. Still even he had a line to draw. He had planned it out. To drive whomever he roomed insane to the point of giving up their side altogether. And fleeing. And he'd have the whole room to himself.

Like a little apartment. Which, in hindsight, was his initial goal. What with his 'parents' cutting him out of the family fortune and kicking him out of the estate as soon as he turned eighteen. He'd been rooming with Nagisa for awhile, but he was eager to get his own place. And he would. That was the plan at least. For now his scholarship would cover his room and board and he'd have to eventually get a job to take care of the rest. But that was a problem for another day.

The two young men exchanged glares. It was subtle and any normal person would have missed it. They'd learn to hide their distaste for each other well. One of them was scary enough, but both being in the same room together. Well that was a whole other issue.

As they continued their staring contest, the headmaster sighed. She was a middle-aged woman dressed as if she were attending a business meeting. Dark hair with hints of grays in her strains. All tied back in a tight professional bun. A pair of round black flames rested in front of black eyes. She looked too tired to care about whatever fewd these two had going on. And barely seemed to care when they both showed up to her office, politely demanding to speak with her about their arrangements.

"Headmistress Tanaka, while I understand you're a very busy woman, I must insist that it's imperative I am rooming with someone else." Asano argued. "This man here is very childish and pulls inappropriate pranks. So boarding with him would be-"

"Excuse me?" Karma interjected, Asano sharp purple eyes flickered to him in warning. But he ignored them, if anything meeting them with one of his own. "You're not better mr. dictator. If one thing doesn't go your way you lose it."