Strange Calling

You awake from your slumber to a distinct sound of the your phone ringing. You look to see the time on your cellphone is and it reads 3:05 you answer the phone with a sigh.
"Hello Is This Veronica Wells?"
You Reply rather quickly" This is she ,may I know the reason of this calling this late at night?"
The Officer answer he dead ponder with a rather gentle tone of voice."I hope you rather understand this situation, we just now got Charlie In a cell.
"CHARLIE?"Officer suspects her confusion.
"Charlie Williams, yes mam he is suspected for 6 Murders. The Officer comfort Veronica with his name.
"I'm So Sorry, My name is Officer Andrew.
"Well Officer Andrew's when court day?"
"In a time span of 2 weeks, you Come testify for Charlie's innocence."
"Yessir!" Veronica call her girlfriend Delilah and reports this news to her and told her the date of court.
"Delilah. . . Babe I'm worried."
Delilah replies quickly "Babe I'm on my way Home from work."
"Okay.." Minutes pass and there is a sudden thud of the door comming a close.
"Delilah babe?"
"Babe I'm here, come her ." They hold a cuddle position throughout Veronica's sorrow out session.
. . . . Meanwhile . . .
[ Charlie's Perspective]
"This Cell smells and looks like it hasn't been cleaned in decades." the Officer answers with a sarcastic tone " because it hasn't been cleaned "
"That is very unsanitary."
_________________________________________
END OF CHAPTER 1
_________________________________________
Author Note: I'm So Sorry It's short it's just I wanted you to be introduced to the main characters in a short matter.