The Murder - Part 3

"Um, right, she said something about that...... I remember! Do you  want to hear it in her own voice?" Laura asked. "H-her own voice!?" Summer asked. "Yes! I'm pretty sure our conversation is on my cell phone." Laura answered. "You recorded it!" Summer said. "Yeah! I forgot how to delete those things." Laura said. "So, you say  you have a conversation with your sister on your cell phone? Let's hear it!" Summer asked. "Right! Oh! I just remembered that the detective took my cell phone. Sorry." Laura said. "Oh, right." Summer said dissapointingly. "Of course..." Summer thought. "Next time I see Detective Shrimp Hair I'll ask her for it." Summer promised. "I'll write you a note so you don't forget, okay?" Laura reassured. "Sure, thanks." Summer thanked Laura and added Laura's Memo into the Court Record.

Laura's Memo

"A conversation I had with Kelly  is recorded on my cell phone."

"Could you tell me about the day of the murder? Sorry... I know it must be hard." Summer asked. "No, it's okay. All I've been doing the past few hours is talking about it. I've kind of gotten used to it... Let's see... That morning, I got a call from Kelly. She wanted me to hold on to a piece of evidence for an upcoming trial." Laura explained. "Thats "The Thinker" clock that Benny made. It practically qualifies as  a serial murderer by now." Summer thought. "So then, when did you arrive at the office?" Summer asked. "It was around 9:00" Laura answered. "The lights were off and I could smell blood. Th-then I found her. Kelly..." Laura told Summer. "Thanks, Laura. That's all I need to hear for now." Summer concluded. "So you're an acolyte. A, er, medium-in-training." Summer said. "That's right. The Karma family, especially the women, have always been very sensitive to the spirit world." Laura told Summer. "Was Kelly into this stuff too?" Summer asked. "Of course! She left the mountain to "follow her career," she said.  Her powers were first class, too!" Laura told Summer. "I... I had no idea." Summer thought. "Hmm... Wait...!" Summer shouted. "What?" Laura asked. "So, you're a real honest-to-goodness spirit medium? with E.S.P. and all that?" Summer asked. "Yes.... In training." Laura said. "Well, can't you contact Kelly's spirit, then? We can just ask her who killed her!" Summer gave out his idea. "..! I-I'm sorry... I'm still in training. I couldn't do something on that level..." Laura apologized. "Hmm... I thought that would be too easy." Summer thought. "...Um...!" Laura let out. " Huh? Something the matter?" Summer asked. "Um... I was wondering, could I ask you a favor?" Laura asked. "This is the adress of a famous lawyer." Laura said handing out a piece of paper. "Kelly gave me this a long time ago. She said if i was ever in trouble, I should call him. And, well, I'm in trouble. Do you think you could go ask him to represent me?" Laura asked. "Sure, why not? I'll go ask." Summer agreed. "Thank you so much! I have no one else to turn to..." Laura thanked. "Say, what about your parents?" Summer asked. Laura didn't reply. "I... I see. Don't worry, leave it to me." Summer reassured Laura. "Thank you! The trial's tomorrow... at 10:00." Laura said sadly. "W-what!? Tomorrow!? Summer yelled. "Tomorrow." Laura confirmed. "What if this guy refuses!? They told me that if I don't find one, the state will pick an attorney to defend me." Laura explained. "When will that happen?" Summer asked. "They're giving me until 4:00 this afternoon." Laura replied. "And visiting hours are almost up... I'd better hurry!" Summer thought. "Right, I'll be back" Summer told Laura and went to Alien & Co. Law offices.

September 6

Alien & Co. Law offices.

"The office is filled with police officers. They're all busily searching for clues..." Summer thought. "Hey! You there! This is a crime scene, pal! No tresspassing! Umm... Sorry, don't I know you from somewhere? Wait you're that Morow guy, aren't you!" Sophie said to Summer. "No, no, Summer Kokichi." Summer told his name to Sophie. "How could anyone mistake me for Benny!?" Summer thought. "Ah, guess I got the wrong name, Mr. Kokichi. Sorry 'bout that. That Morow guy, he was a killer! And you're no killer! Right?" Sophie said. "He WAS proven innocent..." Summer thought. "Umm... Right. And you were..." Summer forgot Sophies name. "Um... Shrimp Hair, wasn't it? Sophia Shrimp Hair?" Summer guessed. "Right! At your service. Hang on! That's Detective Shrimp Hair to you, pal! Anyway, get the name right. And don't go calling me "Sophie"..." Sophie told Summer.  "Hey, Sophie! Get over here!" A police officer called. "Y-yes, sir! B-be right there! Umm... Ahem! You're her lawyer, right, pal? If you got business here, you'd better do it quick!" Sophie told Summer. "Whew! She thinks I'm Laura's lawyer...!" Summer thought. Summer handed Sophie Laura's Memo. "I was wondering... Did you see Laura Karma's cell phone?" Summer asked. "Oh that? I have that." Sophie said with Laura's cell phone in her hand. "Do you think you could give it back?" Summer asked. "Sure! I mean, wait a second, pal! Tricky lawyer!" Sophie yelled. "Uh-oh shes on to me!" Summer thought. "Okay, I can't be straight with this girl... but what should I tell him?" Summer thought. "Something the matter?" Sophie asked. "Oh, no, um... Th-that carrying strap on the cell phone..." Summer said. "This? Hmm... It says "The steel samurai: Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo".. "The Steel Samurai".. That action hero on TV?" Sophie asked. "Yeah, you see that strap is a collector's item... She... was worried it might get lost  if it went down to the precinct." Summer said. "That what she said?" Sophie asked. "Um. Yes." Summer said. "Okay, pal. I wrote down all the numbers she called anyway.  Here you go." Sophie agreed and handed the phone to Summer. "Seems she didn't notice  the recorded conversation..." Summer thought and recieved the phone from Detective Shrimp Hair.

Laura's Cell phone

Holds a conversation between the Chief and Laura.