Chapter 1

"What do you think, Cale?"

Deruth looked at Cale who was standing beside him as he asked him the question.

"I think we should properly hold a funeral for them. They were part of our territory anyway," Cale voiced his opinion as he looked straight at the young man that was reporting about the destruction of the village that he hated the most.

Harris Village.

He hated the village since that village was the main reason for his mother's death. However, since Cale is the successor of Count Henituse, he had to put his personal feelings aside.

"Is that so? Then I'll send some knights and soldiers to arrange the funeral."

"Yes, please do so."

Cale nodded his head and then looked back at the black-haired man that was standing in front of them.

Choi Han.

That's his name. He didn't introduce himself yet but for Cale Henituse who had read the book titled 'The Birth of Hero' gifted from his late mother, it's not a problem for him to recognize the person that will become the hero to this soon-to-be ruined world.

'The Birth of Hero' is a mysterious book that contains the future of this world that in the future will be ruined by the main villain named White Star.

Also, Cale Henituse is supposed to be one of the minor villains in the novel that supposed to be beaten by the protagonist.

However, since Cale hates pain, he prefers to stay away from the protagonist. That was one of the plots that he changed after reading the book but not the only one. The other plot that he changed was the fact that he was famous for being trash.

Now, Cale is a capable successor of Henituse's family. He was also close to his step-family while in the book it was mentioned that they don't really have good relationships.

The character Cale Henituse in the book was so different than him, a person named Cale Henituse too.

While Cale Henituse in the book was hated by many because of his alcoholic and trashy attitude, this Cale Henituse is loved by many because of his kind and caring attitude.

He does love drinking too though, and he also had a high tolerance of alcohol but he does not drink every day like the Cale Henituse inside the novel.

Very Out Of Character.

However, that doesn't change the fact that he's still Cale Henituse.

"I'll take my leave now, father."

"Yes, it's already late anyway. Please take your rest."

Cale bowed his head slightly before leaving his father's office. Choi Han was still inside the office, discussing the rest of the matters with the lord.

Since he already confirmed the book 'The Birth of Hero' is containing the future of this world after seeing Choi Han's existence, he needed to start planning first.

He needed to make sure his family are safe and sound unlike in the book where everyone died, leaving him alone in the Henituse family.

Cale had his fists clenched tight all his way to his room.

Now, let's find a way to move freely without making the others suspicious.

•••••

Cale looked at the man-eating tree that already turned into white when its supposed color used to be black. Someone he knew already took the ancient power that the tree contain which was 'Indestructible Shield' five years ago. Since he already has his mother's ancient power, 'The Annual Rings of Life', he didn't need another ancient power with wood attributes.