Prologue

A/N
Hi everyone, this story will be beginning from the end of episode 10, so if you haven't yet finished the Duskwood game and don't want spoilers, maybe save this story to read once you have done so ;)

I will be producing it out in chapters so bare with me as I find the time to write the story I feel would come after the end of the episode.

:) Xx

********

My eyes were blurry, I could no longer tell if it was from my tears or my violent retching. I spat into the sink below me and put my head in my hands. The fire. The explosion. Richy. Jake. It was all too much.

I turned on the tap and splashed my face with water and took a deep breath. "Pull it together, MC" I said to myself, "Your friends need you right now". I took a final deep breath and went back to my spot on the sofa and picked up my phone. Everyone was online. Everyone, but him. I immediately went to his chat.

MC: Jake?
....
MC: Jake, please let me know you're okay.
....
MC: The fire...please tell me you got out.
....

The tears began to well in my eyes again as his status remained firmly "offline". I swallowed the lump in my throat and instead opened the group chat.

MC: Guys? I need everyone in here, now.

My phone began to buzz repeatedly as Cleo, Dan, Thomas, Lily and Jessy all responded in record time. Jessy, poor Jessy, what she had to witness....

"No" I said to myself "the time for comforting is later, for now I must give them the facts as I know them". I steadied myself with one final deep breath and then selected the video call option. It was time for me to recount to them the events of that night.

"Hi guys. You're not going to like what I have to tell you, but please let me get it out to you and then we can go from there..."