Power

"To master the Mystic Arts, not only must you have control over your body, you must have control over your mind and soul. Feel your emotions coursing through you, handle it and use it as a weapon. Your weapon. One that even the strongest of those who possess magic cannot penetrate. Find your core power and utilise it to your advantage." The Ancient One instructed, walking around me in a circle. 

"How do I... find my... core power? Is it something I accomplish through meditation, or...?" I questioned, looking confused. 

"Core power is something that exists inside you, Caroline. And to achieve it, you must delve into your mind, deeper than you ever may have gone before. Once you break your memories, emotions and feelings to the very atom, it will be there. Close your eyes, access your mind and reach into your soul, pull out your greatest power." I did as I was told, closing my eyes and holding my hands parallel to each other. 

'You made a mistake... coming to defeat me...

'No! We have to keep going! For Calypso!

'It's too late!' I grunted, my eyebrows creasing as I recounted memories that... weren't even... mine. They were my parents' memories. 

"Steady your mind. This trauma only makes you stronger." After a few seconds of breathing, a small ball of magic sparked in between my fingers, flickering before the glow strengthened and stopped pulsing and stayed strong, so when I opened my eyes, I saw the ball and let out a high-pitched laugh. 

"Exemplary. You possess powerful magic, Caroline. Now use this to make any weapon you choose." Thinking, I moved my hands in a perfect circle and pulsed my hands, and when I looked at it, I was proud to say that I'd made Captain America's shield out of magic. 

"Impressive. Today's session is finished." As I was halfway through the door, I heard her speak. "Caroline, you work better than most of my students, even after everything you've been through." I turned around, deep in thought. 

"I can't remember all I've been through. I was a kid then, but now that this has happened, I think I'm going to remember a lot more." I smiled, walking out and into the street. 

Calypso. 

Calypso, darling. 

Help me. 

"I can't." I murmured, walking back home. Peter and I had to prepare for the Stark expo, so I had to take the bus to Queens. 

"Hey, Christine, I'm heading to Peter's place!" I yelled. 

"Sure!" Christine yelled back. I grabbed my backpack before running towards the bus stop. 

Wait... 

I went to an alley and slipped my Sling Ring on, circling my hands and creating a portal outside Peter's apartment front door. Peter buzzed me in, and I ran up the stairs, jauntily knocking on the door. May opened it, smiling broadly. 

"I haven't seen you in God knows long, Carrie." She gasped, enveloping me in a tight hug. "How are you?" 

"Better than ever, May. Where's Peter?" 

"In his room." She winked, making me chuckle. "Keep it clean, missus." 

"I doubt I have any implications of doing such a thing." I chuckled before knocking lightly on Peter's door. 

"Come in!" I opened the door, finding Peter on the bed. 

"Something tells me you have a plan." 

"I have a plan. The first thing we need to do is act like we're smart." 

"We are smart." I laughed, sitting down on the bed. 

"Touché. Second of all, we need to be prepared for anything. He could show us anything and we need to understand it-" 

"I have a better idea." I interrupted softly, laying my head on his shoulder and snaking my arm around them, "How about we just be ourselves? Stark would be more impressed if we came to work with a calm mind as opposed to a rigid plan. You know how he loves to wing it." 

"I dunno- maybe I'm overreacting. This is such a big opportunity... I don't want to blow it." 

"I doubt you will. You're Peter Parker. My Peter." I assured softly, holding onto him.