Artem - A warming day, Part 1

"Haha, great thank you! Oh, Chris, I have to hang up, my flowers are ready." "No problem, see ya tomorrow and sleep tonight!" Chris said with a serious tone at the other end of the line. "Yeah yeah, of course. Bye."

I hung up and took the bunch of flowers the flower arranger made for me and left the shop. Wow, they're so beautiful! Closing the door, I see the bright sun shining in my face. Finally, a day to relax! The sun is shining, no clouds and a day off. After looking contended around me, I walked through the city towards Mr. Shiberson's practice. He'll love these flowers as much as I do and the colors are just those he wanted. "Best would be orange and warm colored flowers. Or just tell the flower arranger you would like some calming notes in your bunch." Yes, it looks exactly the way he wanted, Flowerpotter is sure used to Mr. Shiberson's special orders. He  takes so good care of his clients, everyone feels comfortable in his practice.

As I open the door, a soft tone rings. "Oh Artem, it's you again, great!" His calming voice makes the stereotype of a psychiatrist even better. "Hi, yeah, Flowerpotter still had enough lilies for this bunch, so they made it right away and not to order. Where should I take them?" I asked. After my two weeks of work placement here, I decided to visit Mr. Shiberson from time to time. Such a wise man, there is so much to learn from him and he gave me so good advice for my future, I just couldn't leave after the work placement. "Follow me." He ordered, and I walked behind him through his practice. It's so calming in here. Open areas, big windows, soft curtains, plants and animal motives everywhere. Not a bit of the stressful city life penetrates in here. "Are there no clients today?" I wondered. "Yes, two of them are on vocation right now and won't be here for the next weeks. That's why I postponed the remaining appointments to the morning so that I can take time off for the rest of the day. So they and I can still enjoy the weather today, it's really fabulous. We haven't had such a mild summer for a long time, but it relaxes people."

Handing over the flowers, I notice he looks a bit stressed today. Good decision to postpone the other clients, he sure knows how to treat himself well, not to mention, he's a specialist on this subject. His short grey hair marks his exhaustion and the few wrinkles on his face are clearly visible today. Now I really feel sorry for asking him this favor, but I'm not trying to stop him for too long. "Mr. Shiberson, could we have a short talk?" "Yes, of course, you're always welcome. Let's sit down on the couch over there." He pointed at the sea blue couch next to the big vase of daisies. "Okay, so I would like to talk about the work placement I took here." "Gladly, feel free to continue." "Since being a teenage boy, I have always been interested in psychology and everything around it. But now, after those two weeks, I realized it is completely different from my imagination. Of course, I really enjoyed it here and you've helped me out a lot with so much good information, but becoming a psychiatrist just doesn't feel right to me anymore." I sighed.

"I understand," Mr. Shiberson started, "and I'm glad you're open to tell me about that. But don't you have any other practical experience? You're studding this subject after all, didn't it feel risky without any coarse knowledge?" "I know." I sighed again. "Before I started coming to your practice, I have visited some other practices too, of course." I stopped, didn't know how to continue. "But after seeing your practice, your personality and your amazing work, I just can't imagine becoming someone as helpful as you. Your methods and ways of thinking are incredible! No one could ever top that, your house should be full of people, because your the only psychiatrist who really can help and heal people!" I started sweating, seeing his surprised face, I must have started shouting, too. "Oh, I'm awfully sorry Mr. Shiberson." "Artem, everything is okay, take a breath. Do you want a drink?" "Ah, yes, water, please. Thank you." As he returned with two glasses of water, he started. "Artem, listen..."