Shopping

Y/n's pov

"You need to go shopping, we'll go later in the week..."

And that was it.

The weekend following dinner with Hailee, Rose dragged me shopping.

Although I tried to make her understand that going out at nine in the morning just to go shopping for clothes was way too much, my best friend really didn't want to hear it.

To her, it was just right, and who am I to stop her from doing anything especially when she just got her period? That's right, no one.

After having breakfast at a nearby café we headed to my car, ready for this day and hoping that the traffic would not keep us stopped on the road for too long.

We also had to pick up Mitchell since once he heard about our plans to go shopping, he told us that he too desperately needed to revamp his closet.

It didn't take us that long to get to his house, and fortunately by the time we arrived he was ready to get in the car.

"Hey Munchkin, hey Rosie!" He greeted us by climbing into the back seat.

As usual, Rose took care of the music, but I certainly had no complaints since our musical tastes were very similar.

As soon as one of our absolute favorite songs began, we all looked each other in the eye and started singing it at the top of our lungs.

"As he came into the window
Was the sound of a crescendo
He came into her apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, it was her doom

Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?

Annie, are you okay?
Will you tell us that you're okay?
There's a sound at the window
Then he struck you, a crescendo Annie
He came into your apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
And then you ran into the bedroom
You were struck down
It was your doom..."

"I cannot put into words how much I love this song, it never gets old!" I exclaimed, always keeping my attention on the road, but the traffic had now completely blocked us, so from time to time we had to stop.

"You can't, but Hailee can. She says you're adorable and if it weren't for the fact that she has to work today, she'd be here with us," Mitchell says calmly, his words leaving me confused for a few seconds.

"He sent her a video of you singing in the car," Rose told me, I swear I was going to delete Hailee's number from my brother's phone sooner or later, it wasn't the first time he embarrassed me in front of her.

"Come on! She says you're cute, didn't you hear what I said?" I pretended not to hear him and kept driving, the traffic was now over so we would be at the mall in no time.

All along the way Mitchell tried to remind me of Hailee's words, and yes, they made me blush every time, but still, I wasn't going to let my brother win.

"She also says she keeps thinking about Saturday...dinner, right?" My brother's words made me laugh; they didn't know the whole story.

"Yes, of course, dinner..." I chuckled, leaving them both confused.