A Different Kind of Happiness ≫ Velvet x Crippled! Female! Reader (PLATONIC)

Art: Gekkozilla

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Mentioned injury
• Portrayal of anxiety
• Some angst
• Some gore
• Needles
• Hinted surgery

This is yet another request for my super cool follower, Pinestripe37! Thank you for requesting!

A/N: This is a continuation to As The World Begins To Shift. I wasn't very happy with that title, so o decided to come up with a different one for part two. Nevertheless, I hope you all enjoy!

****

You groaned in pain, rolling onto your back and sticking your crippled hind leg in the air. It hurt the worst when you were trying to sleep. You hated that. You hadn't had a decent night's sleep in moons, and it was starting to drive you crazy.

Velvet stirred next to you, her amber eyes flickering open. "Ugh... (Y/N)? Are you okay?" She mumbled groggily, sitting up and staring at you through half-open eyes.

"No," You hissed back, frustrated with your inability to sleep. "My stupid leg is keeping me up again. I haven't slept in moons!" Your best friend's eyes narrowed sympathetically, and she rose to her paws and carefully stepped over you, making her way over to the water dish you both shared and scooting it towards you.

"Drink some water," She meowed gently. "That will at least help your throat feel better." She was right; your throat had been sore from all your groaning and crying. Sighing, you rolled back onto your belly at an awkward angle and began lapping up the ice-cold liquid, relishing in the comfort it brought you. It reminded you of drinking from the lake on a hot greenleaf day.

"Thank you, Velvet," You murmured once you had finished drinking. "that really helped."

The soft gray she-cat smiled, carefully stepping back into the furry nest you shared and resting her chin on your shoulder. "You're welcome, (Y/N). Try to hang in there. The housefolk will take you to the cutter's tomorrow, and they'll make your leg feel better." You swallowed hard, suddenly remembering the adventure your new housefolk had planned for you. Velvet had told you what usually goes on in that place, and none of it sounded pleasant. Being poked with sharp things and held down by twolegs was not your idea of a good time.

"Hey... Velvet?" You murmured, shifting slightly. Velvet sat up again, tipping her head to one side in question. You sighed shakily, suddenly feeling queasy. "I don't want to go to the cutter's. I've hardly ever been around twolegs before, and you made it sound terrifying. I really don't want to go." Your voice cracked slightly, making you sound like a frightened kit about to start wailing.

Velvet sighed sadly. "(Y/N), everything is going to be fine. The cutters are really nice, and they only want to help you. Some of the things they might do will hurt, but you'll feel much better after. I promise." You weren't sure if you believed her. Nothing about the experience was sounding any better to you.

"What are they going to do to me?" You asked timidly.

Velvet looked up in thought, then shrugged her shoulders. "I honestly don't know, (Y/N). It could be anything. Usually they just poke me with these long silver things and feel my belly, but I've never had a crippled limb before." You looked at your paws, tears brimming in the corners of your eyes. You had never been this frightened of anything, ever.