01. Pilot

Adeline, holding a sleeping Eva, made her way to Sam's apartment, hoping he could lead her to John Winchester. If he couldn't, she'd told herself that she would take a bus back to Concord.

Dean pulled out a pair of bolt cutters and walked up to the gate. He unlocked them and made his way to Sam's apartment.

He noticed Adeline and said, "Who are you?"

She studied him with a frown. "You're not John Winchester, are you?"

"I'm Dean. John's my dad. What do you want with him?"

"I don't know exactly. Kyle, my husband, told me to find him."

"Kyle Steele? Uh he was a family friend when Sam and I were kids. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to him?"

"I don't know exactly. Something killed him, then set my house on fire."

"We can help, if you're willing to accept it."

"I need to find out what happened to him."

"Come on in- I didn't get your name."

"Adeline. And this is my daughter Eva."

"How old is she?"

Adeline looked at her daughter sadly. "Five days."

"I'm sorry, Adeline."

"Thank you."

Dean opened the window to Sam's apartment. He climbed through first, then took Eva as Adeline climbed through and handed her back.

When they were inside, Dean closed the window almost the entire way.

Dean clinked the beer cabinet. He and Adeline walked past the string at the far end of the hall. He hit his hip on the corner of a table and Adeline winced slightly.

Dean pointed to a dark area and whispered, "Stay here."

Adeline nodded and went to the dark area to wait.

Sam, who had been woken up, moved to another part of the apartment and waited as Dean entered the room.

Sam lunged forward and grabbed Dean's shoulder. Dean knocked Sam's arm away and aimed a strike at Sam, who ducked. Dean grabbed Sam's arm, swung him around, and shoved him back. Sam kicked and was blocked before being pushed into another room. Sam got a glimpse of Dean, though he didn't immediately recognize his brother. Dean elbowed Sam in the face and Sam kicked at his head. Dean ducked and swung, but Sam blocked it. Dean knocked Sam down and pinned him to the floor, one hand at Sam's neck and the other holding Sam's wrist.

"Whoa, easy tiger," Dean said.

Sam breathed hard. "Dean?" His elder brother laughed. "You scared the crap out of me!"

"That's 'cause you're out of practice."

Sam grabbed Dean's hand and yanked, slamming his heel into Dean's back and Dean to the floor.

"Or not," Dean said.

Sam tapped Dean twice where he had him.

"Get off of me," Dean demanded.

Sam rolled to his feet and pulled Dean up. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I was looking for a beer."