˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ᴄʜ. 18 ʀᴇQᴜɪᴇᴍ

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❝ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ.❞

˗ˏˋ*⁀➷♡- Y/N jumped in her cage of webs, looking over at the boy with wide, red, eyes

˗ˏˋ*⁀➷♡- Y/N jumped in her cage of webs, looking over at the boy with wide, red, eyes. After squirming a bit, she had also released herself, concentrating her fire into a small finger laser.

"Y/N?" He walked over to the girl who was now sitting on his dorm desk, rubbing her sore wrists. She was still sniffling from what happened earlier, and a few small tears still leaked from her eyes. As they rolled down her cheeks, Miles promptly wiped them with care.

"I'm sorry, Miles, I didn't mean to- the outburst I had, I just-" He wrapped his arms around her, standing between her legs to hug her. She immediately hugged him back, continuing to blubber and speak as he rubbed her back.

"I just wanted to protect you, but I couldn't even protect you from Pete if I had to. He wasn't even in his prime, Miles." He separated from her for a moment to look her in the eyes. His hands were still on her shoulders, holding her in place.

"Y/N, you can't just carry me along for the rest of our lives. I'll have to learn to protect myself eventually."

"Yes, but eventually is the key word here, M. You just got your powers-"

"How can I learn to use them when you're always doing things for me, Y/N?" She looked toward the ground for a moment, reevaluating the situation.

"Shit, I've been coddling you, haven't I? God, I'm such a dunce." She put her head in her hands, dryly chuckling at her blatant spoon-feeding. Miles joined her too, tittering with her.

" I guess I was so- so scared of losing another important person in my life that I ended up treating you like a child in need of protection. I'm sorry." Miles hugged her once more, squeezing.

"It's alright, I understand where you were coming from."

"I just love you so much and I don't want to lose you. I don't wanna lose anyone else."

"I know, I don't want to lose anyone else I love either, but that includes you. Promise me you won't keep putting your life on the line for me like that." He looked into her eyes, gazing into her. After a few moments, she slowly nodded.

"I promise. I won't keep babying you." She got up from the desk with some assistance from Miles and headed towards her bag. She got some web fluid for herself and Miles from a pouch on the side and threw it to him, walking towards the window.

"Before we go," Miles started. He grabbed her by the waist dipping his head down to her level.

"I should have done this a long time ago." His plush lips met hers with a tender, nervous, urgency she couldn't describe. The kiss was soft yet pleading, it was as if she could feel his unwillingness to let her go. She could tell he didn't want to mess this up. She kissed him back almost immediately with a soft smile gracing her lips. She put her arms around his neck, lazily letting them fall over his shoulders. When they finally pulled away from each other, Miles cleared his throat, still loosely holding onto her waist.

"Was that uhm- I mean did I do okay?"

"Yeah Miles, that was perfect actually." She smiled, the sides of her eyes crinkling with joy. He holds her hand triumphantly.

"Come on. We have somewhere to be." They both swing out of the dorm window.

𓆩♡𓆪

They head to Aunt May's home, hastily heading to Peter's shed. As they went down the elevator, they could see the older lady sitting down on a small couch in the corner sipping tea.

"Took you long enough." She gave a knowing grin. Miles looked up at an all-black spider with newfound heroic wonder. He softly ghosted his hands over the glass. He looked behind him to see Y/N already giving him her backpack.

"Here." She smiled at him, handing off the backpack and going to sit with her great Aunt. She watched him as he worked. It was reminiscent of the moment she had with Miles and his Uncle not too long ago.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Aunt May asked quietly. Y/N hesitated before responding.

"Auntie... were you scared when you found out about Peter?" She let out a dry chuckle.

"I would have had to be a fool to not be worried, especially after Ben. I was worried about Peter and now I'm worried about you too." She wrapped her arm around Y/N and continued.

"But the biggest part of this gig is learning how to let go and love people from a distance. A sapling can't become a tree if you dont give it the room to grow." Y/N looked up at her with a small smile.

"Thanks, Auntie May." Miles walks over to the two as they finish their conversation, now donning his new suit. The two teens give each other a parting hug.

"I'm rooting for you, Miles." He gave her a grateful smile before going back up the elevator.

A/N -  hey y'all!! as always, thank you for continuing to read this story! though its close to coming to an end, i will be forever greatful for how much this has pushed me as a writer and all of the support ive gotten <3

(this is the part where i plug my new story about the batfamily! if you're interested, check out my profile!)