Sonic Gets A Gift

A few days had passed, mainly consisting of Knuckles simply waiting. Back at Sonic and Tails' house, things... weren't going amazingly. Sonic wouldn't leave the house at all because he didn't want to see Knuckles.

"You can still go out for a run! Just don't go to angel island! He barely ever leaves! Just please stop running around the house!"

Sonic had already broken a few things from running around. "You know I don't have full control over where I'm going! As long as I don't leave the house I won't see him!"

There was a knock at the door and Sonic rushed to answer it. Though he immediately shut the door after seeing Knuckles with a big out-of-character smile. Tails pushed Sonic out of the way and opened the door for the echidna.

"Hi Knuckles! How are you?" Tails was confused to see the echidna but didn't question it.

"Well... Sonic hasn't visited me in a while." Knuckles had a rather nervous expression and what looked like some roll of tape slightly visible in his hands that he was fidgeting with abit.

Tails turned to Sonic who was now hiding behind the door then back to Knuckles. "Come in!"

Sonic ran into a different room as soon as he heard that and Tails guided Knuckles to the table to sit down for abit. Knuckles wouldn't put down the thing he was holding so Tails didn't get to see what it was.

"Would you like something to drink? Or- eat?"

"Grapes?"

"Of course you want graped haha-" Tails went to get Knuckles some grapes and put them on the table next to him. "I'll be right back"

Tails went to go see Sonic who was just hiding in the other room now. "Sonic I think he has something for you."

"Well- tell him to leave it here then-"

"I think he wants to give it to you in person?"

"Why does he have to be so awkward?"

"I dont know! Just- cmon Sonic-"

"...Fine."

Sonic took a moment to prepare himself then went to go see Knuckles. As soon as Knuckles noticed him he seemed excited (somehow more excited than having grapes).

"Hedgehog! I have brought you a gift." He held out the- roll of tape looking thing he was holding-

Sonic looked down at it in confusion "What's this?"

"Er- tans tape I think it's called?.. so that you don't get tired out so much whilst you're running. The binder pushes on your chest and makes it harder to breathe... this doesn't"

"Oh... thanks Knux! Uhm. But- i don't know how to use it-"

"Hm... I know how to." The echidna quickly glanced at Sonic's chest then looked away. "It might be considered... strange if I help you though-"

"Oh yea" Sonic chuckled awkwardly. "Well I think I can trust you enough-"

"Really?"

"Yea! you're a good friend! I'm sure you're not gonna try to... do anything... wierd- "

"Well then. You're going to have to remove your binder. So I know how much tape I'm going to need." Knuckles seemed rather confident and unbothered about what he was asking of Sonic. He just seen it as helping a friend now.

Sonic, however, was rather embarrassed at Knuckles just saying that. "Well uhm- I uh-" he crossed his arms over his binded chest with a slight blush, feeling his usual confidence instantly disappear.

"What's wrong hedgehog?" Knuckles asked innocently, not actually realising how embarrassing it must feel to the hedgehog.

"It's not exactly the greatest sight. For me at least."

"Ah do not worry hedgehog. I promise I shall not judge you for your chest. There is nothing wrong with it. I will still see you as the annoyance you are." He laughed at his own words which earned a small laugh from the hedgehog as well.

Sonic swallowed hard and went to take off his binder seeing Knuckles look away for him, not that it's going to change what he's going to see but Sonic appreciated it. After he had removed it he placed it on the table and told Knuckles that he could look now.

Knuckles turned back to the hedgehog, inspecting his chest for a few moments. Sonic was uncomfortable but he saw no bad intentions in the echidna's actions. Eventually, Knuckles gave a little nod, took off his gloves and went to cut some pieces of tape to use.

(I'm hoping you know how trans tape is applied. I don't feel like explaining how Knuckles applies it so I'm hoping you already know.)

"And... finished." Knuckles looked up at Sonic, staring at his nose instead of his eyes but still looking at Sonic. "How's that?"

Sonic looked down at himself. Knuckles had done a surprising good job. "Wow. Thanks Knux." He placed one hand on his own chest, grabbing some of his fur as a feeling of comfort rushed through him. Sonic looked up at Knuckles who's cheeks had turned a light shade of pink.

The two stared at each other for a moment before Knuckles turned away. "I guess you should test the breathability of it. There's a reason I gave it to you."

"Oh yea!" Sonic grabbed Knuckles by his still ungloved hand and dragged him outside without thinking.

As soon as the two were outside Sonic started running in circles around a smallish field they called a garden. He was running for ages as Knuckles watched with a slight smile.

He suddenly ran into Knuckles, the speed knocking them both to the floor as Knuckles was pulled into a hug by the hedgehog.

"Thank you so much Knux" it was clear that Sonic had meant that.

Knuckles didn't know what to say. At this point he didn't know what to do at all. This was way too much for him to handle. Too much for one day.

Knuckles pushed Sonic off of him and curled himself into a ball. He didn't know what to do so he stayed there, breathing heavily due to stress.

"Knux? You ok? Knux?.."