060

MY PATIENCE was running thin.

Kanina pa ako hindi tinitignan ni Monty kahit alam ko namang napapansin niya na hinuhuli ko mata niya. He kept on denying me a look as if I wasn't in the room.

"Apple?" Valentin waved a hand in front of me.

"What?" I turned to my team who were seated in a circular form around me.

Yca gave me a teasing look. "Kanina ka pa nakatingin kay Monty. Hindi ko alam kung galit ka ba o gusto mo siyang hubaran."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Galit ako. Hindi ako kinakausap simula kanina. Siya na nga may atraso, ako pa ini-ignore."

Despite my anger, I rubbed my palms on my jeans, remembering his text message. It wasn't anything new or endearing. In fact, ang corny nga. Pero parang bigla akong kinabahan.

Was it because of the implication of it or because it was Monty we're talking about?

What did it mean? I won't know until he talks to me and tells me what the hell that was.

"A, hayaan mo na muna kung anong galit mo sa kanya. We have to prep for the club day. No choice tayo." Eula gave me the paper that contained our initial plans for the promotion of the team and the steps in recruiting potential members.

I sighed and let the matter go to focus on the task at hand. Aside from this fiasco with Monty, I still had to deal with Sean's constant text messages and whenever he'd approach me around the campus to try and talk to me.

Do I really need to talk to him? What more will I say? What more can he say to change my mind?

"Actually, first time ko makita up close si Monty. I mean, nakikita ko siya campus, pero hindi ko pa nakausap." Yca mutters. "And he's kinda cute."

I slowly turned to her and let her see my horror in my face.

"What? Aminin mo naman na cute siya 'di ba? Kahit hindi mo siya bet as a person."

I couldn't bring myself to say no because Yca was right. Hindi ko naman maitatanggi na gwapo siya. His round eyes that were sometimes framed with his black specs felt intimidating and strong when he looks at you. And his upturned smile that he rarely gives anyone would be enough to attract people.

Not me, though. 

I zoned out my team and gave Monty another glance. He was busy leaning over one of the laboratory tables, one hand resting on the surface, while the other was busy typing on his laptop.

As if he sensed me looking—no, glaring at him—he turned his gaze towards me and away from the screen. And for the first time today, those intense eyes behind his specs were directed to me.

I raised my eyebrow in question. Akala mo ha? Ikaw lang ba pwedeng um-attitude?

He tore his eyes away from me when a member of his club approached him, and I went back to work with my team. No point in bugging him kung ayaw niya ako kausapin.

After our individual meeting, Monty and I led the discussion on how our schedule would be since we would also need to share the booth provided for us. Hassle talaga.

"Let's meet next Thursday for the final details. Thank you for attending." Monty addressed everyone in the room.

I was biting my fingernails while looking at the paper and checking if everything on it was written and organized when Valentin, Eula and Yca bid their goodbye to me.

Valentin had somewhere to be with his family, Eula still had a date with her high school friends, while Yca was going to study. 

Before leaving, Yca pointed at Monty whose bulk was turned back at us. He was pinning something on the corkboard as part of the announcement.