2:11

Violet was aware of a lot of muffled, raised voices shouting around her - some things broke through her haze - things along the lines of stop and then her name

The only thing that broke her out of it was the pair of gentle yet firm cold hands that prised her own bloody ones away from that man.

Violet couldn't tear her gaze away from his unconcious body, slumped there with his bloody face against his cast arm.

Five was holding her hands and she was letting him. He carefully guided her body to turn away from the bloody sight but her eyes were pinned. His hand gently touched the side of her face to turn her head and she finally locked eyes with his.

Bloodshot, teary, auburn eyes clashed with his earthy green ones and the urge to just run away from it all hit her right then and there. She wanted to lie in a field of green grass and let the soil of the earth swallow her away until she was nothing but a body resting where she should be laid to rest; where things would be right and she could close her eyes with pressed flowers and fade among the petals and leaves.

But the voices around her were chaotic and cacaphonous and rolled like crashing waves, one over the other and again and again. And her eardrums were the rocks. And she was about to drown along with it all, get lost in it.

Her hands went to cover her ears to block out the sound, and a cool pair of hands covered her own gently applying pressure. Her eyes closed for a brief second before reopening.

His fierce eyes scanned her up and down, every inch of her face, down to the dark purple tinted diamonds on his jumper, split down the side.

There was a hole in the centre of her chest through the fabric, but the bloodied skin showing through was nothing but covered in blood. No wound, just blood and pink marked porcelain.

It coated her like a second skin that she craved to shed.

"Vi, What happened?" Five asked gently but urgently.

She couldn't get any words out now. Her tongue was lead.

"Who the hell is this?"

"Violet, what did you do?"

So many questions, so little she could say.

Five's voice cut through the others.

"Is this him?" He asked seriously, not once letting his eyes fall from her own.

She let him carefully lower their hands from the sides of her head and she held his back loosely in her own, blinking at him.

"Is this him, Violet?"

She turned her gaze away.

The voices were so loud. They needed to just shut up.

It was difficult letting her hands slip from his as for once she almost craved the touch rather than despised it.