The Potter Twins

31st July 1980, Potter Manor, North Scotland.

James Potter stood outside the bedroom, chewing his nails as his brothers in all but blood, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, paced backwards and forwards. They could hear Lily Potter's screams as she gave birth to her and James 's first baby.

Lily and Remus wanted a girl. James and Sirius wanted a boy.

James's father, Fleamont Potter, ran down the hallway.

"Any news yet, Remmy, Siri, Jamsie? Can't wait to meet my grandson."

Like James and Sirius, Fleamont insisted that the newest Potter would be a boy.

"It's going to be a girl!" Remus insisted.

"Nah, it's gonna be a boy." Fleamont said. "All babies in this family are born boys."

"Well, Lily might break tradition."

"Five Galleons."

"You're on."

........

"It's a boy, second baby on the way." Euphemia Potter, Fleamont's wife, announced happily as she handed a bundle to James.

James sat down, staring at his child's face in absolute awe. A curl of messy black hair just his own, bright emerald green eyes and long eyelashes.

He was perfect.

"You do realise-" Sirius said, but Remus kicked him.

"Shut up, let James have his moment with baby Harry before he realises."

James and Lily had decided on a name months ago.

Harry James for a boy, Harry after Henry 'Harry' Potter, James's grandfather and Fleamont's father, and James after James Potter himself.

Emma Lily, Emma after Lily's grandmother and Lily Potter herself.

"WAIT WHAT DID MUM SAY ABOUT A SECOND BABY?!"

.......

"Second baby is here, another boy, looks nothing like Lily or you, James. Looks more like Charlus." Euphemia said.

The crowd entered the room and James went to his wife's side. Lily Potter was positively glowing, holding a baby so small he would fit in Sirius's hands no problem.

"Meet your other son." Lily whispered. "Lemme see Harry."

James looked at his other son, and he smiled. He did look like his uncle Charlus, the same neat golden brown hair, the fire in his eyes, the pale lips.

This little boy was perfect.

It was clear Harry was Lily's favourite, Fleamont though to himself. However, little Charlus Jr is probably James's favourite.

"What the other lad called?" Euphemia asked. "You can't have a baby with no name."

"Fleamont." James said, before he could even think about it. "Fleamont Charlus Potter, after my da and uncle. Sorry Lil, we'll name the next one after your da."

"Joseph Èamonn Potter does have a nice ring to it."

"Which is why we're naming the next after your da!"