Part Two - Chapter Five

After reluctantly pulling herself out of bed, Allison rubbed at her eyes, hoping the fatigue would dissipate. Her mouth felt dry, and her head had begun to slightly ache; Groaning at the grogginess and sensitivity to the early morning light seeping through her window, she slid her closet door open, revealing Billy's leather jacket hung within. A smile embraced the brunette's face as she slid her hand down the material, hearing the voices of her family in the hallway.

Following getting dressed, the Byers daughter exited her room, grinning at the sight of her family and Bob seated at the kitchen table. "Goodmorning." Allison greeted, crossing over to the kitchen counters to grab a slice of toast, inserting it into the toaster. "Morning honey." Joyce replied with a smile as the others repeated a simple 'morning.' "How was your time with Billy last night?" Joyce questioned as she felt her pockets for her missing keys. "Oh! It was good. I had a great time." The brunette replied, lathering jam onto the toasted piece of bread before shoving it in her mouth.

"Looks like it..." Jonathan mumbled, giving his sister a bland look. In return, Allison raised her eyebrow at him, unsure of what he had meant. "How was trick-or-treating with Will?" The brunette questioned her brother, receiving the same look from him that she had given. Will shifted his eyes down to his plate, poking at his eggs. He had clearly been distraught but wasn't going to speak of his experience the night prior. "Okay... well, I'm going to head out now since I'm picking up Heather, so I'll see you guys this afternoon." Allison broke the silence, retrieving her bag from her room before tugging a pair of high-top converses on.

As she crossed to the front door, she kissed the top of Will's head and received a hug from Joyce, wishing them all good days before shutting the front door behind her. The ride to Heather's was fast, and the curly haired brunette looked just as dazed as Allison had. "Rough night?" The Byers girl asked her best friend as she heaved herself into the car, slumping her head against the headrest. "Oh girl, you have no idea. You'll never guess how bad I screwed up." Heather whined, rubbing at her eyes as she chugged water from her bottle, offering it to Allison. "Hit me." The brunette obliged before guzzling down almost the remainder of Heather's water.  "I hooked up with Christopher right after I told you that I'd better see Billy with you when I came back."

"Oh my god. I was wondering where the hell you went- but Christopher? Really? I thought you were done with him!" Allison stated in shock, passing the bottle back to the brown eyed girl. "I know, I thought I was too- but those green, dreamy eyes- I just can't help it babe!" Heather exclaimed, placing her head in her hands. "Long story short, I got blackout drunk after it and here I am, a fucking mess." She continued, shaking her head at herself as Allison offered a sympathetic look towards her friend. "Wait, look at me again-"

"Heth, I have to keep my eyes on the road." Allison responded, clutching onto the steering wheel. The curly haired brunette ignored the response, reaching towards her friend and pulling Allison's chin to face her, gasping in shock. "What!?" The hazel-eyed girl inquired with a hint of startlement, her eyes growing wide. "Did you and Billy fuck!?" Heather questions with a smile, shifting in her seat to face the brunette. "What? No-"

"Then did y'all at least make out?" Heather asks desperately, her grin growing wide. "No, we didn't do anything." Allison replied, intently looking ahead. "You are such a liar, Allison Byers." the brown-eyed girl laughed, back-handing Allison's shoulder. "What do you mean? We didn't do any of that, I swear."

"Tell that to the hickeys on your neck." Heather giggled, receiving a bewildered expression from her best friend. As the two pulled into Allison's parking spot at Hawkins High, she quickly pulled out a pocket mirror from her glovebox, pulling the collar of her blouse down. Small splotches of purples and reds were visible on the left side of the Byers girls' neck, memorably from the night before. She realized that her family had probably seen the love bites, now making Jonathan's words to be understandable. Sighing out loud, she recalled the previous night to Heather, telling her that Billy had snuck in her room, given her permission, and the two had a small moment together before Allison shut it down, realizing that it would be best if both are fully in the right mindset to truly consent.