𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

• excuse any errors

•••••

"I'm done! I can't fucking do this!" Dorinda screamed, as she sat on her bedroom floor. Tears streamed as she laid her head on her knees.

"Doe.. cmon, it's alright," her sister, Karen, softly spoke. She squatted to Dorinda's level, rubbing her arm.

"No, it's NOT gonna be okay, Karen," Dorinda slightly hollered, looking up at her sister, "I-I-" She tried to get out, beginning to hyperventilate.

Karen quickly, sat down beside Dorinda, "Dorinda, you have to breathe," She sternly spoke. She took Dorinda into her arms, breathing slowly with her.

"Karennn, I can't do this. I feel so-so STUPID!" Dorinda cried some more, looking at Karen, "He ruined my life!"

"Doe, trust me, I know but you have to calm down. Okay? I'm here, alright?"

"He- he took everything! I don't have anything because of him," Dorinda sniffled, looking down at her now, useless wedding ring.

Taking the ring off, she threw it across the room. She wiped her face & stood up. Karen stood up behind her, following her down into the kitchen.

Dorinda made her way over into a packed box, pulling out a bottle of Vodka. Popping the top off, she turned it up & began chugging it.

"Doe, no. We're not doing this today," Karen spoke, trying to grab the bottle from Dorinda.

"No!" She replied, turning the bottle away from Karen, "I need it,"

Karen sighed, "Listen, we'll figure this out. You have a few more case-"

"No, I'm done," Dorinda spoke, wiping her mouth. She shook her head before turning the bottle up again.

"You can't just give up, Dorinda,"

"Oh, you wanna watch me do it?" She replied, chuckling, "I have nothing, Karen.. Nothing!" She exclaimed, becoming teary eyed again.

"I'm supposed to be a defense attorney & I couldn't even defend myself! What type of sense does that make?" She laughed, staring down at her bottle.

Karen just looked on at her sister with eyes full of sympathy, "I'm sorry, Doe. I really am,"

Looking up, she sighed, "I'm done. I never want to see nor study another piece of law ever again. I chose the wrong profession & it bit me in the ass,"

"You're not the problem, sis. He is. He's an asshole & the way he did you- Karma is a bitch," Karen spoke, sitting at the bar stool.

"Yeah, it sure is. He's gonna get what he deserves one day," Dorinda spoke again, sitting her bottle down.

•••••
Let me know what y'all think!