Chapter Two 🤠

"Danny you're so fucking bad at this game." Harper laughed out, his amusement only growing when Danny let out an offended shriek and then a small bruh as he was shot and killed (again) by the same person.

"Shut up Harper! It's not like you're on the leaderboard..." Danny grumbled, clearly annoyed at Harper's teasing.

"Aww, is Danny embarrassed?" Harper mocked in a high-pitched voice. He could all but hear Danny's blush, which was quickly followed by a groan when he was placed in last.

"This game is rigged! Whatever, it sucks anyways." Danny huffed and quit the game. "I have to go anyways, bye Harper! I'll be on later and maybe we can play a game that's ACTUALLY GOOD for once!" Harper chuckled, giving Danny a quick see you before logging off himself.

He always did love video games with Danny.

-----------------------------

When Harper arrived at the bat signal, it was clear Gordon was about to leave. He understood, obviously. The man had probably been waiting for a decent half an hour, what with the whole saving an innocent woman deal and the time it took to travel by grappling hook. Harper was shocked the man was still there. He knew he would've left long ago.

Harper purposefully took a loud step, alerting Gordon he was in fact there, if not a bit late. The man turned around and sighed when he saw Harper.

"Batman, I was beginning to think you weren't going to show up." Gordon walked back over to the bat signal, facing towards Harper and rubbing his face.

"I got a bit... tied up. Apologies. What do you need? It's unlike you to call me this late." Harper crossed his arms, feeling a bit impatient all of a sudden. Which was unfair, considering he had made the older man wait.

"I was wondering if you knew anything about.. this person." Gordon pulled a photo out of his pocket, unfolding it to show Harper its contents. It was a slightly grainy photo, but it wasn't hard to make out the general picture. It was a person in a tight black costume, complete with cat ears and a strappy tail. Harper squinted his eyes, but had no recollection of ever seeing this person.

"No, I have no clue who they are. What do they want?"

"Actually Batman, it seems they think you aren't doing your job properly. They've been taking out criminals on the streets, and the targets have gotten more and more notorious."

Harper tilted his head. He had no clue why someone would want to do what he does, unless they had some sort of personal vendetta against the city.

"I've never even encountered this person. Are you working with them?" Harper questioned. He didn't care, truly, he was more curious. It was a leap for Gordon to start working with him, he didn't know what the force would say if the man dragged along another vigilante.

Gordon shook his head. "My boss is still on the fence about you, let alone another one. Listen, I'm not supposed to be talking to you about this so take it with a grain of salt. You've got a contender now, and how you deal with it is your call. Just leave me out of it."

Harper nodded. He understood, Gordon had already gotten in deep shit because of him, and although he didn't consider Gordon a friend, he respected the man enough to acknowledge his wish.

"Is that all?"

Gordon nodded. "Sorry to pull you away from your, er, Batman stuff for this, but it seemed like something you would want to know. I'll let you know if there's anything else. With the signal I mean." Looking a little uncomfortable, Gordon turned around and walked to the elevator leading to the bottom of the tower on which the bat signal rested.

Harper decided to take his leave too. He had some wounds that needed patching.

-----------------------------

Sitting on his bed, he pulled out the medkit that lay underneath. Pulling out a roll of gauze and a few bandages, he began to wrap his wounds. Holding the gauze in his teeth, Harper placed the bandage on his arm and wrapped the gauze around it, securing the cotton in place.

Harper breathed out, thankful that that was over. He was never all that good at treating wounds, but he tried. Laying back down on the bed, he pulled out his phone to find a message from Danny.

"heyyyy hru!! want 2 play l8er i'm bored n i kinda miss playing wit u no homo lolllll". Harper smiled fondly, typing back a "sure" and watching as Danny eagerly responded with all caps and Harper was sure the man was jumping up and down.

They ended up playing Murder Mystery 2 for an hour. The game had changed a lot since Harper had last played it. There were a lot more 10 year olds too. When Danny had to go, Harper felt a bit sad. It was nostalgic playing with his old friend, but by Danny's enthusiasm, he could tell it wouldn't be the last time they played together.

He'd spend more time with Danny, Harper decided. And that was that.